eight.

donghyuck doesn't know why, but his earlier position felt oddly familiar. a part of him wants to blame it on the fact that maybe he was thinking about that stranger he kissed too much, or maybe he was just in the same position before.

but one thing he hates to admit is that he didn't hate that. It did feel awkward when he was in the moment, but that's because he was taken by surprise.

hundreds of thoughts flew inside the younger's head as he unconsciously started spacing out.

"so i was thinking we should start off with the characters first and then—" the older halts as he peeled his eyes off from his screen and looked over at the younger beside him. "donghyuck...?"

after a small tap from mark, the younger snapped out from his daze. he quickly shook his head and looked down at the laptop in front of them again, "s-sorry... uh, what was that?"

"i was just wondering if you want to start off by creating the characters first?" the older asked, "or maybe with the plot that you chose?" his eyes were glued to the screen, but his body was unconsciously leaning towards the younger beside him.

honestly, after almost hours of talking, they decided to focus on what they came here for, well that's what donghyuck thought. even though mark seemed to be doing the work on their draft, donghyuck beside him seemed to be in a daze.

the younger has been trying to focus; he wanted to, but mark constantly being an inch closer to him is not helping his situation.

he couldn't put his finger to it but something felt different. this whole time he would always catch himself replaying the way mark caught him earlier and how closes their faces were in his head and wishing that it would somehow miraculously happen again.

the younger rubbed his nape as he let out an awkward chuckle, "uh... u-up to you!" he immediately pressed his lips into a thin line after realizing he just stuttered. "i'm cool with everything..."

he's aware his reply is not helpful at all, but his mind is too occupied to respond properly. he averts his head away from the older's attention, feeling like he's the only one who finds everything awkward...?

just when the mark is about to say something, the younger jumped up from his seat and started looking for his bag, "uh... maybe we can do this another time?—like if we have a clear idea about the project?" he looked down on his phone to check the time. "it's getting pretty late, we should rest for tomorrow."

he's was clearly lying. it's only six pm and he knows this is not "too late" in fact, this is way too early for him but he just wants to come up with any sort of excuse not to be around mark right now.

mark quickly got up from his seat and started chasing the younger, "wait!" he exclaimed and started picking up his pace to catch the younger from reaching his door, "let me walk you down, at least—"

"no!" donghyuck immediately cuts him off, "i mean, no thank you, it's fine!" he shoots the older a small smile before reaching for the doorknob.  and with that, he left the older alone in his house.

after hearing the door click, a smirk made its way to mark's lips.