two.

ELIJAH MOVED CLOSER TO HER and Elena, suddenly being hit by the reality of what this man was going to do, stepped back

He smirked at her, and, unintentionally, Elena blushed lightly. His smirk made his face look majestic.

"We have a long a journey ahead of us," Elijah said, his eyes never leaving Elena's. "We should be going."

She stepped out from in front of him and stood in Rose's line of vision.

"Please, don't let him take me," Elena pleaded but the woman turned away from her, despite the pained expression on her face.

"One last piece of business," Elijah said, ignoring her pleas. "Then we're done."

He turned around to face Trevor, who was shaking with nerves.

"I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly very sorry," said Trevor, not daring to look the Original in the eye.

Elijah was circling him like a predator that was about to pounce on its prey.

"Oh, no, your apology is not necessary," he said, smirking at the tremble in Trevor's voice.

"Yes. Yes it is," Trevor insisted. His eyes were locked on the floor in shame. "You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you."

"Well," Elijah said, nodding, "yes, you are the guilty one. And Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That I honour." He stopped in front of Trevor, who finally looked him in the eye. "Where was your loyalty?"

Trevor opened his mouth, then closed it before saying: "I beg your forgiveness."

Elijah's smirk returned. "So granted."

Trevor smiled slightly.

Suddenly, Trevor's head was on the floor.

Elena gasped, staring indignantly at Elijah, who was cleaning his hands calmly.

"You--" Rose began to say, almost crying, before Elijah interrupted.

"Don't, Rose. Now that you are free."

Tears escaped from Rose's eyes as she clutched the railing of the stairs tightly.

Elena looked at her sadly. She'd just lost her best friend -- she couldn't imagine the pain Rose was feeling.

Elijah turned to Elena and outstretched a hand.

"Come," he ordered.

"No, what about the moonstone?" Elena asked quickly.

Elijah sauntered over to her, his eyes narrowed -- the look he gave her made shivers run down her spine and through her body.

"What do you know about the moonstone?" He asked in a demanding voice.

Elena didn't want to tell him, but if she continued to stall then that meant the Salvatores' would have more time to find her.

"I know that you need it... and I know where it is."