He was wearing glasses. Not his usual dark shades, but an oval-shaped, probably medicated glasses.

Damien was wearing glasses. And he looked good in them. He looked like a nerd but was still hot. A hot nerd. Kate scoffed. How did people get so blessed with good looks?

"Like what you see?"

"No" she frowned.

Maybe a little.

"How long have you been here? Aren't you supposed to be at the party?" She asked him.

It couldn't be possible that he was the one Rye was talking about. Rye said the boy had been upstairs for hours, and sure Damien looked like he was reading now but he couldn't have been doing that for such a long time. Kate had started her shift by 9 p.m, it was almost midnight and only two girls had walked into the library since she came.

Damien looked at his watch.

"Probably 5 hours. I got here about 7 p.m."

What!?

"And what have you been doing?"

His hair was all over the place like someone ran their hands through it so maybe he had been making out. Her eyes dropped to his lips and she immediately shifted her gaze.

Gosh, Kate!!

"Relax, doll" Damien smiled. "Only me has been running my hand through my hair."

How did he--?

Kate's phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. She glanced at the caller ID.

Alec.

Usually, she would be happy to FaceTime with Alec but not now when Blue was giving her looks.

It was either an external force or she was clumsy because Kate hit the answer button.

Alec's face appeared on the screen. She was brushing her teeth but immediately spat out on seeing Kate.

"Kate!" She yelled excitedly.

Kate tried not to look at Damien even though she could feel his eyes boring in her head.

"Alec" she answered her. "Uh, are you just preparing for bed?"

Alec nodded as she rinsed her mouth. She walked out of the bathroom and down the hall. She was at home.

"Yeah, we just got back."

Kate nodded. Her dad was going to be spending a lot of time at the hospital and Alec made sure she was with him most of the time. The perfect daughter.

"Are you alone?" Kate asked.

"No. Tyler's here. Super annoying by the way" Alec whispered.

"I can hear you!" Kate heard Tyler from a distance.

Alec giggled then got all serious again. "Kate, we just came back from the hospital, and da--"

"Alec!" Kate shouted.

She looked at Damien. He wasn't looking at her but she could tell he was listening. And she couldn't have him know about her dad. Who knows, tomorrow Brianna might print out her life history.

"What?" Alec looked around her.

Kate couldn't look away from Damien. What if he already got the memo?

"Kate?"

"Yeah" Kate tried to keep her gaze on her sister but she was failing miserably.

"Oh my gosh, Kate!"