In the field of science, there has been remarkable progress, with the Academy of Sciences recognizing the importance of steam engines and continually announcing inventions of practical machines that are likely to become widespread in the future. Instead of squandering funds on extravagant living and leisure, investments have been directed towards the development of infrastructure, urban areas, and technologies related to steam engines that promise substantial profits. As a result, these developments are progressing rapidly. In the original history, during the late 18th century and into the 19th century, France's scientific academies have produced many exceptionally talented scholars. In some sense, one might reluctantly acknowledge that mistreating such talented individuals during the French Revolution would have caused technological setbacks.

Just recently, news came in that someone has developed a machine to harvest grain using an application of manual gear rotation. The Academy of Sciences is currently considering whether to adopt this invention. The impact of this news was shocking. I couldn't help but think, 'Wait, have they already created a harvesting machine like a combine!?' Although it's not a machine that handles all processes like a modern combine, the concept is similar to the original combine.

The invention involves modifying a four-wheeled cart, attaching a waterwheel-like device at the front, and moving a blade attached to the tip of the device by manually rotating it. This blade harvests the grain, which is then blown into a wooden box at the back of the cart using generated wind pressure. It would be quite effective for harvesting grains like wheat and barley, potentially doubling the speed of manual labor, as shown in experiments. However, there are some drawbacks. The cart is unstable on uneven fields, and removing harvested grain from the wooden box can be time-consuming. Nevertheless, with some improvements, this invention has great potential, and I have made recommendations to the Academy of Sciences to consider its adoption.

As these technological innovations have led to increased demand in new industries, the quantity of work has also risen. This has highlighted a shortage of labor. By employing Jews who were previously marginalized and allowing their entry into various sectors, including banking and civil service, many Jews from different parts of Europe began to migrate to France in large numbers, especially in 1775. In that year alone, around 20.000 Jews, primarily from Eastern Europe, started immigrating to France. While they are a valuable workforce to fill the labor shortage, we have no intention of loosening the scrutiny. We conduct careful evaluations and examinations of immigration applicants and grant immigration procedures to those who pass the assessments, allowing them to move to France.

Ministers have, at times, expressed concerns, saying, "Isn't our immigration screening somewhat stringent?" However, the reason for our caution lies in the knowledge of the consequences that befell modern France when it accepted immigrants and refugees without a clear plan, as a member of the European Union. Immigrants and refugees were often subjected to low wages and worked in harsh conditions, similar to slaves. Many second and third-generation immigrants and refugees failed to integrate into French culture, and some even turned to a life of crime, becoming members of gangs or mafia-like organizations. In the worst cases, feelings of isolation and despair led some to develop extremist ideologies and resent France, and even Europe, resulting in acts of terrorism and indiscriminate violence.

Newspapers that published caricatures of Islamic leaders were attacked, and events like the Paris attacks were, in part, exacerbated by issues related to immigration and refugees. Even in the seemingly mature era of modern democracy, acts bordering on mob violence may be tolerated by the masses. If that were to happen, it could potentially lead to situations where immigrants who had come seeking a better life end up becoming victims of violence.

To mitigate such concerns, in our immigration plans, we are conducting extensive public works projects, such as sewer and road improvements, in a manner that does not displace existing residents from their jobs. Additionally, we are developing bedroom communities in suburban areas as part of urban expansion. It's a method similar to what Japan implemented during its high economic growth period. Having work is better than having none. We are striving to minimize friction, promote the development of French culture, and provide a stable livelihood. We secure basic living conditions while establishing new facilities like factories and shopping districts. We also occasionally issue guidelines for urban planning, land division, and so on. It's almost like playing a city development game, and even just looking at the plans is enjoyable.