When they were having their own conversation away from their teammates, I knew it was the perfect time.

Surprisingly, no one on the team had seen me yet.

I was slowly limping my way over there, when Mama caught a glimpse of me.

She had to check twice to make sure she wasn't seeing things, before she screamed.

It was so loud, everyone around us turned their heads our way.

Christen

As I was talking with my wife about the day so far, I noticed a tiny figure slowly limping towards us.

I quickly glanced at it, before directing my attention back to Tobin.

That's when it hit me. I knew that tiny figure.

I looked back at the girl, when I fully saw her face.

It was her. My daughter. My Emi.

I screamed out of instinct, not believing this was real.

Everyone near us looked at me, then at Emi.

I was in too much shock to do anything, same with everybody else.

"Hi." She spoke, making me burst into tears, finally coming back to reality of what was happening.

I missed her voice so much.

There she was. My daughter, who was missing for a full year now, is back. She's home. She's safe.

Tobin was now fully aware of what was happening, and already had Emi in her arms as she cried too.

I never ran so fast into somebody's arms, let alone two.

"I cannot believe this is happening." My wife cried.

Tobin eventually set her down, only for me to pick her right back up again.

"You do not understand how worried we've been about you, baby. We thought you were dead." Now I cried, ecstatic.

"I'm so sorry, mama." She said, barely above a whisper.

"Stop. Don't say that. None of this is any of your fault, I want you to know that, okay?" I cupped her face, rubbing her tears away with my thumbs.

She slowly nodded before cuddling back into my embrace.

"Em, we missed you so fucking much." Tobin came into our hug.

"I missed you two so much it's crazy."

I kissed her forehead before placing her down. "Are you hurt? What happened? Where were you? Are you okay?" I started rambling, my hands on her cheeks, wanting my baby to be alright.

All she did was shake her head no, giving me my answer.

She wasn't okay, but at the same time, she didn't look like she was bleeding. That's a good sign.

"We'll get you to the hospital after you go say hi to them again." I rubbed her back, motioning towards my teammates.

They were all shocked, excited, surprised, or still in denial, rubbing their eyes to see if they were hallucinating.

Emi scanned the crowd, frowning. "Where's Kelley?"

I chuckled at her obvious favoritism.

Oh man, Kelley is she gonna be so mad she's late.

"She's running late, like always." Tobin answered for me.

"I want her to be the first one I hug. I've missed her as much as you two."

"I'll let her know you said that." I smirked, knowing it would only boost her ego.

"Why are you all standing around? And why is everyone so starstruck? Oh my gosh, is Taylor Swift here!?" She squealed, making everyone laugh. All of us knew what was about to happen, besides Kelley, of course.

My now safe daughter made herself present to the defender by announcing, "Hi Kelley." With a smile so big aliens could probably see it.

Freezing at the sound of Emi's voice, Kelley scanned the area, wondering if she was just hearing things or not.

But once she laid eyes on my daughter, she dropped her bags and bolted right to her.

She knocked them both down, wrapping her arms around my daughter so tightly I thought Emi would explode. Kelley was just crying into Em's shoulder.

It was so sweet, and now that Emi's back, I knew Kelley would finally be herself again.

Ever since Em went missing, Kelley has been a total mess. They were so close, and Em's disappearance absolutely destroyed Kelley.

She hasn't been the same since. Not cracking her usual jokes, or having random dance breaks, she was just there.

But now since my daughter was back, I really hope the old Kelley will be back, too.

They eventually got up, but only after around 5 minutes. Tobin and I separated from the two to our teammates, who were all still in equal shock she just appeared like that.

As Kelley and Emi got off the ground, Kelley slapped Emi's arm.

"Where were you!?" She shouted, her voice cracking in the middle.

"I don't know, some basement." Emi told her, rubbing her arm.

Kelley's expression softened, and wrapped her arms around Emi's neck.

I'm pretty sure she mumbled something along the lines of, "We missed you so much, Squirrel."

They shared another hug, before Kelley finally let her go.

Jill ushered everyone on the bus, knowing we were already there later than we should've been.

But before she could, Em ran to Alex, who had tears slipping from her eyes.

"Hi Alex." She whispered, already in the forward's arms.

At the sound of her sweet voice, Alex burst out crying, holding onto Em for dear life.

They stayed like that for a minute, just holding onto each other.

As much as I loved seeing Em reconnecting with my teammates, I really wanted to be selfish and just have her back in my arms.

But anyways, I let Alex keep her for a minute, until Jill really started rushing us.

Tobin and I slumped back in our seats, overly exhausted from todays events.

My mind was all over the place, until my daughter squeezed between Tobin and I.

We both smiled and wrapped our own arms around hers, making sure she wouldn't go anywhere.

"I'm so glad you're safe."