Chapter One: Who?

Life had been going great for me. Ryan Anderson. I am fifteen, intelligent, and risky. I attended the ninth grade at Crossing Sides School before leaving. While there, I made friends with the greatest and craziest people in the world. Luckily, I still kept in contact with them after I left Crossing Sides to Capitol School of Arts. And the people there were the complete opposite of me. Everybody tried to talk to me, but I could not handle them. The annoyance level just got too high for me. 

   But, my friends from Crossing Sides had my back. The greatest friend the world could ever have was most definitely my best friend. His name was Samuel Colton. With him being the most dramatic person at the school, most people would always enjoy his topical conversations about something inappropriate. My other friend, Skye Lysander, and I always pitched in at some points. 

   Oh, and Samuel always confidence. And what I mean by that, is that since not alot of girls found him attractive, he always kept that confident attitude. Even though his jet black hair, short size, and white appearance seemed to sway weird types of girls, he never would give up on getting the girl of his dreams, Angeline Camperton. 

   As for his strength, that is a different story.

   Skye Lysander. Girl who I always had a crush on since I was five years old. We always went with each other to events and parties. Everyday when I was at Crossing Sides I would pass by her during passing periods. I'd say "hi" and give her a hug. 

   At first I thought we were being attracted to each other. Finds out that I was the one attracted to her. Her flowing dark hair and soft eyes, on a tan colored body, caught my eye every single time. But, she had her eyes on another boy. I never cared after she told me that we were just brother and sister. That really struck a nerve. But, I shoved it off my shoulders. 

   Several months later I ran across the thought of liking her again. Horrible choice. I did it anyways. I planned on talking to her one day, but my mind set was completely crushed when I witnessed the guy she adored embrace her. All I did was walk away. And I did not hear from her for about two months.

   Once I transferred from Crossing Sides to Capitol School of Arts, I enjoyed the curriculum a bit more. After a few days, I met up with Samuel and Skye at a new Italian restaurant that opened recently . We talked. Laughed. Almost cried from laughter of playing around with our waiter. Everything was amazing.

   The next day I woke up to the vibrating of my phone. The text was from an unknown number. It read: Turn on the TV.

   I got my controller and powered up my television. As soon as it came on all of the way, a picture of Samuel showed. The photo was his ninth grade yearbook picture. What was happening?

   I text back saying: Who r u? Y is it a pic of my friend??

   A few seconds go by. 

   Samuel's picture changes. It shows Skye.

   A response comes: Do you want to protect them?

  What do you mean?

  I mean that you and your two friends are being targeted. 

  Okay. I had no idea if this was a prank or something. An unkonwn number. Targeted. Pictures of my friends on my television. Definitely a prank. Until.....

  This is a prank.

   If you don't believe me, you'll just have to live with seeing your best friends get killed in front of you. And then yourself.

   This started to freak me out. 

   Tell me who you are.

   My name is X.  

  I was about to respond, when the doorbell rang downstairs. I ran down the stairs and to the door. I opened the door. A tall African American with glasses on and a very attractive girl, also with glasses on, stood at the  doorstep. They were wearing matching Oklahoma sweatshirts too. 

   The girl spoke, "My name is Samantha Ferrus. And this is my friend Eric. We wanted to know if we could come in and grab a drink of water. We've been running all morning." She smiled at me. "Please?" 

   A text came in on my phone: Run. 

  I ignored it. "Yeah, come on in," I said. 

   Another text came in: Now.

   Ignored it a second time as I led Eric and Samantha to the kitchen.