Chapter 3

TW:  This chapter contains mentions of disorder eating behaviours, and underage drinking

Some are assholes all of the time. All are assholes some of the time. It's just how boys are.

"Jeffy, where were you!" Alice pouted, wrapping her arms around her best friend. Alice was drunk. The Winter formal had barely been going on for an hour and she was already drunk.

"Ally bally, why is it 10 pm and you're slurring your words," Jeff asked, glancing down at her in concern.

It wasn't a secret Jeff hated her friend. Or a secret that he hated her boyfriend. So he wasn't shocked when she rolled her eyes.

"It's a school dance, my man. My main man. Of course I'm going to fucking drink," she giggled, burying her head in his chest as he swayed her gently. " Everyone else is drinking, so why can't I drink," she whined as he finally dragged her to the bleachers.

"Because one, by everyone you mean your dumb ass brother and boyfriend," he growled, " and two because you know what you're like when you're drunk," he muttered.

And Jefffery really did know.

He had started being her port of call when she went to her first ever high school party. She had been 13, just starting 7th grade, and it was the first time she had ver tried alcohol.

When it got to the point that she was so wasted she couldn't see straight, Jeff had taken her to his, letting her sleep in his bed as he slept on the couch.

From that night on he had taken care of her. He always took care of her.

" Well, I'm barely drunk. I'm like so fucking sober, I don't even think you're hot," she muttered, unaware of the words she was saying.

"The fact that you just called my hot without insulting me, means you're hella drunk. Just spend the night with me, and for the love of god, don't go back with your boyfriend," yeah, Jeff also hated Bryce.

The older boy dragged her to Clay, who was sitting alone on the bleachers.

"Hey Jeff," he spotted the inebriated girl under his arm and chuckled, "hey ally"

"Go get here."

"Go get her and do what?" Clay responded like it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wait, are we talking about Hannah? OMG please get her, whatever that means!" ALice squealed before laying her head back on Jeff's lap.

"It's a dance, just dance with her"

"You know I can't dance"

"Well tonight you can. I promise," Clay notice Jeff glancing down at Alice who was in her own fucking world.

"Well are you going to dance with Ally,"

"Of course I am," at her name ALice lifted her hand, locking eyes with Clay before turning to face Jeff, "she's my main girl, you know that," he winked at her before dragging her to the dance floor.

"Jiffy pop,"

"Still not my name," he chuckled as he began to sway with her back and forth.

She glanced at him, her eyes looking clear and focused for the first time that night, "Do you love me?"

There wasn't any hesistation, not a moments pause, before he responded.

"Of course I fucking love you Alice, you're my soulmate remember?"

At his words she smiled. How could she forget? A promise they made in sixth grade, to not just be best friends, but to be soulmates forever.