✯ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 ✯

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"So is it worth it? To tarnish who I am just so that I can live longer?" the blonde's lips quivered as she fought back her emotions. "To erase all the goodness and replace it with bad just so I can prolong my life?"

Tom fidgeted uncomfortably, all too aware that this was exactly what he was doing to himself. He was eradicating the remains of his humanity to become immortal, and for the first time, it didn't seem as grand. 

"I can't answer that," he ended up saying, standing up and pushing his chair back loudly. "Let's go."

Daisy looked up at his numbly, her stomach churning with the weight of the decision she had to make. What should she do? 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

The day went as slow as molasses flowing in the dead of winter. As slow as a snail trying to finish a marathon race. As slow as a solitary cloud drifting across an endless sky. 

By the end of it, Daisy had decided that she would try and forget all of her problem tonight, and spend one last evening having as much fun as possible. So she did what she always used to do, plastered a smile on her face and covered her feelings with a layer of sugary happiness. 

"Are you ready?" she bounded out of the bathroom after changing into dancing dress. "I don't want to be late!"

Tom was adjusting his tie and looked at her, his eyes furrowing at her cheerful demeanour that almost seemed inappropriate given the way she was that morning. 

"It's not a private dinner party," he rolled his eyes. "There is no being late."

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and stood there waiting for him to finish dressing. It was only then that she really looked at him, and at the crisp suit he was wearing. It seemed to be made for him, the outfit perfectly cut to accentuate his broad shoulders and narrow waist, his figure made even taller if possible. 

She gulped and looked away, disliking the flutter of wings in her stomach. She brushed her dress, getting rid of imaginary dust to occupy her mind as Tom finished adjusting his tie.

Tom just barely caught her gaze snap away from him, a light blush spreading across her cheeks. He barely contained a smirk, liking her reaction a lot more than he cared to admit. 

"I need a drink," she snapped, forgetting she was supposed to remain cheerful. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

The village square was illuminated in a warm glow by the lanterns strung between rustic stalls of food, the wonderful smells wafting through the air. The ambience of people laughing and talking supported by the mellow music from the small band in the background. 

Tom sneered a little at the sheer happiness on all of these peasant's faces, realising he would need to act this way as well in order to fit in. He considered leaving. 

He looked at Daisy to his right, watching her face light up with what was almost real excitement as she took the scene in. Maybe he could survive a little longer here. 

He put his hand on her lower back and started leading her through the small crowds in the direction of the food. He felt her tense at the contact with skin, since the back of her dress was practically non-existent from the back up. 

He startled as well, confused as to why he had initiated skin-to-skin contact. He removed his hand at once, at they looked at each other somewhat dumbly, unsure whether to speak or not. 

"I need a drink," the blonde eventually managed to get out, and did a little jog to where they were selling drinks. 

A few minutes later, Daisy felt a little bit less tense and was heading towards the dance floor. On the way she spotted Tom caught in a conversation with two girls in which he looked extremely uncomfortable in.