"Vice Captain Rusty will escort you home. But your departure will be a secret. Vy, right now, things are still tricky so-"

"Brother, please, just get straight to the point, okay? You're not good with words."

Everett chuckled and gently ruffled his sister's hair.

Of course, he knew he was not good with words and knew how quick-witted his sister always was. In fact, Everett did not want to use a roundabout way either. It's just that he did not want her to feel sadder, more frightened, or more disappointed than she already was.

What his pitiful little sister had experienced in the Hunting Ground over the past several days was enough. That was why, although he was not good with words, Everett was trying his best to find appropriate ones to use as substitutes.

Unfortunately, just like his sister had said, Everett had to bite the bullet and tell her the truth without any kind of filter, knowing perfectly well that the words he was about to say would surely hurt Vrylle's feelings and make her mood chaotic, just like that time.

Still, Everett really couldn't bring himself to do it. He was definitely unwilling.

He spoiled and doted on Vrylle, along with their father. Subconsciously or instinctively, what Everett wanted to do was always what would benefit his sister, and the possibility of him changing was as slim as a stick.

Troubled, Everett was still thinking about how he should tell her and where to start.

"Still reluctant to answer, I see. Then, Brother, let me guess. Is Papa sending me away... to that place?"

An apologetic smile slowly spread across Everett's face, and that was enough for Vrylle to realize that she had indeed guessed it right.

Well, it was no big deal for her, though. However, if it's the Original Owner, Vrylle then understands why Everett was reluctant and contemplating how to tell her.

Remembering how spoiled the Oiginal was, of course, if Vrylle were in Everett's shoes, she might as well contemplate how to construct her words.

Vrylle was aware that even though there were few changes in her that she let them see, the deep-rooted impression of her family on the Original being spoiled to the left and stubborn to the right wouldn't be easily washed clean.

Theoretically speaking, it would take few more years to reconstruct such deep impressions.

A slow yet thorough process.

What's more, if memory serves Vrylle right, the Original didn't like to go to that place even just for a short visit, let alone live there. The tantrum the Original threw back then when Ezra said that he would send her to that place and live there only to come back for her coming-of-age was huge; it could cover the entire Estate.

It also lasted for a month, giving Ezra and Everett such a massive headache and numerous ways of coaxing just to ease her mood. They even resorted to promising her that such a topic would be the first and last.

Really, such a brat, you see.

"It's okay, Brother, I understand. I won't throw a tantrum like in the past. I'll be good and wait for you and Papa there obediently. I promise."

The Original really left such a huge debt on her tab.

"...R, Really, Vy?"

Vrylle felt incredulous watching Everett react as if the naughty child he raised miraculously became well-behaved and sensible in just a day of separation.

It was funny, yet pitiful at the same time.

"Really, really. So, Brother, rest assured. I will wait there for you and Papa to accompany me again, alright? No tantrum throwing."