~ Chapter 7 ~

~ 2005~ 

Sachiko stood at the entrance to the house as Satoru's parents spoke to him. Today he would head to Tokyo Jujutsu High to start his first year, every student lived on the campus and he would begin taking jobs given to him by the school almost immediately. It would be the first time since Sachiko was six years old that they spent more than a day apart from each other. She felt indifferent about him leaving, at first she was scared that he would stop caring for her but she knew it was ridiculous to think that way. He was excited and it was only a year before she would be enrolled in the school, she was already accepted into the next year. 

They all glanced at Sachiko and she walked down towards him, she didn't say anything just hugged him before stepping back. Satoru stared down at her before planting a kiss on her forehead, she let out a disgusted sound as she pushed his face away. "Satoru Gojo, I expect you to call me. Not every day but at least once a week, and I expect to be invited into the city. They have good restaurants." She stated the smile she had been suppressing getting wider with each word.

"Don't lie, you're just gonna miss my handsome self," Satoru said smirking down at her, she rolled her eyes as he picked up his bag and headed to the the car that awaited him. 

Sachiko pursed her lips as she watched it drive off, she crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the ground as she suppressed the tears that wanted to escape. He no longer lived here and she was left to her own devices, since the attack on her life they spent a lot more time together and during this, they realised separately that they had fallen for each other. Sachiko had just turned fourteen years old a few days ago, and she realised that her life was moving in front of her eyes quicker than she wanted. "Sachiko, are you okay?" Satoru's mother asked as she came up and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Yes, mother. I just didn't think it would be this hard, he's not that far away and he'll be coming home when he wants to." She stated, her voice jumping up and down in pitch as she tried really hard to hold in the sob that sat at the back of her throat. It was starting to make it ache, she turned to Mrs Gojo and offered her a straight smile. "But I love him and I'm going to miss him a lot." 

"I know," The older woman said wrapping her arms around the girl's shoulders and guiding her back inside. Yui came up to take the girl from her boss but his mother waved her off, she felt she never got enough time with the girl who would become her daughter-in-law. She sat Sachiko down on the couch as she quickly went to make some tea. Within minutes, she came in with a tray with some aromatic green tea. "Here drink some of this, it will help your stress and your sore throat." 

"Thank you," She said as she picked up a cup and took a small sip from it. Sachiko could never fault his mother's tea, it was always delicious. She was generous with the honey which Sachiko appreciated as she had a strong sweet tooth which often got her in trouble with Renho. His mother watched her carefully as she took a sip of her own drink. 

"Sachiko, I would like to take you shopping so you can attend a meeting with me." His mother said the younger girl looked at her surprised. Each month there was a meeting of important women within the sorcerer society, it was elite and reserved for high and respected members of society. Sachiko knew for a fact that her grandmother attended these meetings as well, that was her only hesitation. "You will become the Head's wife once you graduate from Jujutsu High and you will be expected to attend these meetings aswell. If something were to happen to Satoru, you will have control of our family and it's important to have good relationships and networks within the society." 

"I would love to attend Mother," Sachiko stated, Mrs Gojo smiled and nodded taking another sip.

The next night, Sachiko was dressed in a light green floral furisode with light blue obi which matched the colours of the flowers. During their trip to the shops, her future mother-in-law locked her sights on it and refused to leave without the piece for Sachiko. 'It was meant to be' she continued to say all day and when Sachiko dressed in it earlier in the afternoon. There was no denying that it was a beautiful piece. 

Sachiko stayed close to Mrs Gojo as they ended at the small dining hall in which the meeting was taking place. There were only about 50 women at most in the hall, they were all mingling together and greeting long-seen friends. The age range was large, some around a bit older than Sachiko while others looked like they would turn to dust any minute. Sachiko's head was in the air as she glanced around the room but Mrs Gojo tapped her side as she told her to keep it on her shoulders. She guided her over to a group of women that greeted them with bright seems and curious eyes. 

Sachiko came to realise throughout the night that her life at the Gojo estate was well known despite it never being publicly announced that she was purchased by them. The sorcerer society was much smaller than she envisioned growing up. "Sachiko, how good it is to see you again." The young girl turned to see an old short woman, she recognised her as Fumiko, her grandmother and Head of the Chiyo family. Fumiko was never sold, the Chiyo family married her to her cousin to conserve the purity of her line, the same line Sachiko was a descendant of. "It's not very often I get to see the children again so soon. The first time I saw your mother after her departure was when I was picking you up." 

"Grandmother, I'm glad you are well," Sachiko said stiffly, it was no secret that Fumiko held the Chiyo children in contempt even one that was directly related to her. Sachiko was nothing after the money was transferred to their account, "I recently turned fourteen and I will going to Jujutsu High next year." 

"Ah, the Gojo family is allowing you to practice your technique, how progressive. Are you using the Chiyo curse technique or did you end up inheriting one from the Hanabusa?" The old woman asked nonchalantly. Sachiko stated that she had inherited the Hanabusa technique of 'Curse transmutation', and with that knowledge, the woman's face changed. Sachiko had inherited a rare technique and her price could have been set higher. "The Hanabusa will be upset when they find out about that, your brothers were nothing special. It seems you are a continuous miracle, I won't be surprised if you inherited our first ancestor's ability. It would be interesting to find out no?" 

"The first ancestor's ability?" Sachiko asked her confused as the old woman tried to turn away from her grandchild. 

"Yes, she was the human half of the cursed womb: death paintings. Nine abortions that woman had. I will send you our history, as I hope one of your children will become the next one to keep our line pure. Having the Gojo family within our line will increase our stability, it will bring in more profits." Fumiko stated before leaving Sachiko. The young girl watched her walk away confused with the nature of their conversation. She looked down at the ground as she took a moment to think, but her gaze shot up when she heard someone whisper her name. She searched the crowd and her eyes fell onto a black-haired woman with black eyes, it was as though Sachiko was looking into a mirror. 

"Mother?" Sachiko questioned, Mrs Gojo suddenly appeared next to the girl answering her call. She followed the woman's gaze but the woman had retreated into the crowd. The young woman felt faint as Mrs Gojo led her over to a chair to sit down for a moment. It had been months since her attack but stressful or overexcited moments left her feeling fainting for a few moments. "I'm okay, I'm just going to sit down for a moment." 

Satoru's mother nodded as she went to search for some water and juice for her ward. As she left, Sachiko's phone started ringing, she answered it quickly and held it up to her ear. "Satoru, I think I just saw my mother."