The Nigerian Job

Powers and warlock mark.

1x01 The Nigerian Job

[Hotel Bar]

(Nate is sitting at a hotel bar, drinking)

Bartender: I checked. Airport shuttle’s in 15 minutes.

(Dubenich approaches Nate)

Dubenich: I’m sorry Mr. Ford, sorry, I know who you are I’ve, uh, excuse me. I’ve read all about you. I know for example that-that when you found that stolen Monet painting in Florence you probably saved your Insurance Company what 20-25 million dollars. Then there was that identity theft thing and you saved your insurance company I don’t even know how many millions of dollars but I just know that when you needed them… What happened to your family is the kind of thing--

Nate slams glass down and gives the man an irritated look:" You know that part of the conversation where I punch you in the neck nine or ten times? We’re coming up on that pretty quick."

Several people in the room chuckle.

"sounds like something Alec would do" Jace snorted.

Alec smirks.

Dubenich: I just want to offer you a job.

Nate: What do you got?

Dubenich: Do you know anything about airplane design?

Nate: I could give it a shot, you know, you give me a pencil and one of those little rulers.

Dubenich: Somebody stole my airplane designs.

Nate: Oh, I see and you’d like me to find them right?

Dubenich: No. I know where they are. I want you to steal them back.

A few people raised their eyebrows at that.  What did that mean????

" what does this have to do with my little girl?? " Alec frowns. Magnus clears his throat unnecessarily loud making Alec flush.

" our little girl, what does this have to do with our little girl? "

He gets no response.

(Nate looks at him in surprise)

[Exterior Pierson Aviation]

(Eliot, Ila, Hardison and Nate meet in front of building. Nate waits while the others walk across the street before turning and walking away)

" Ohhhhhh, that girl in the middle has got to be her Alec, look!!! " Jace shouts.

Alec stared at the young girl on the screen. She was about 17 maybe 18  with caramel colored skin and magenta curly hair, a slender looking build and she was maybe 5'4 and oh those beautiful green eyes.... It had to be her.

" What makes you think that Jace?" Simon questions the showhunter. Jace gives him an irritated look.

" She's like the only Asian looking person so far!" Jace said in a Duhh tone.

Alec and Magnus gave him raised eyebrows.

" Really? That's why you think it's her, cause she asian? Really dude? " Alec deadpanned.

Magnus glared at the blonde shadowhunter.

" I didn't mean it in a rude way– I'm just saying, it's probably her! "Jace said defensively.

Maryse snorted at the panicked look on her sons face.

[Unfinished Office]

(Nate puts a table down in an unfinished room, then places a laptop on it and looks at the building across the street)