Chapter 33: Date Night? No, It's Boys Night

Começar do início

The day was still young, and Luigi hated it.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Do we really need to do this?" Mario asked as Peach took his hat.

"It's just a night with the boys, I think it would be great bonding time with them," Peach said as she ruffled his hair.

"As fun as that sounds, I would have much preferred a date night that we had planned for tonight." Mario tells her, grabbing her hand into his, "Can't Daisy wait till tomorrow night to have a girl night?"

"You know how she is. Besides, we haven't had just a girl night since we've been here, and you need to get along with not just Bowser but the Wario Brothers, too." Peach told him as she pulled him along. Mario just groaned at this last-minute change. Peach did this infrequently, but it was a bit annoying when she did. Especially when he has to spend time with people he dislikes.

"Just be ready for a fight to break out," Mario warned her, but she just rolled her eyes as they went to the meeting spot. Bowser was already there as Peach showed up with Mario in hand, while Daisy showed up with the Wario brothers being dragged in by their ears. They were just yelling for her to let go and how they would behave, but Daisy still held on for now.

"Um," Bowsers said as Peach let go of Mario's hand, kissed him on the cheek, and pushed him in front of her. On the other hand, Daisy only kisses Wario on the cheek as she tosses them till they fall on the floor.

"You two better behave," Daisy said as she shook her finger at the two, "I don't need you two making any more trouble, do you hear me?!"

"Yes, ma'am. Yes, love," they both said simultaneously, rubbing their ears as they stood up.

"And Bowser, please be nice," Peach said as she had a feeling that something may go wrong, "if they do something stupid, just tell us. Okay?"

"No promises but I'll try," Bowser said as the girls shared a look.

"We'll be in my room," Daisy said as she locked her arm with Peach, "see you boys in the morning."

With that, the girls left, leaving the boys in awkward silence as they had no clue what to do. It felt like a standoff; the first one to move would be the one everyone else would jump on as they glared at each other. This was supposed to be a calm evening, but it felt like a final battle. It felt like hours even though it had been just 7 minutes till Waluigi broke it.

"So, are we just playing an award game of 7 minutes in heaven, or are we actually going to do something fun?" Waluigi asks, which got him a punch from Wario. Waluigi rubs his arms as Bowser walks away, Mario watching him.

"I don't have many ideas, but I'll leave you three be. I'm busy." Bowser told them as they raised a brow.

"Doing what?" Mario asked, coming off a bit demanding as Bowser let out a sign so he wouldn't be the one who started the fight.

"If you must know, I'm looking for Luigi," Bowser said as he turned toward them; however, he wasn't expecting their reaction when they said that.

"Ooooooooh," they said. Wario and Waluigi said it cheerfully as they shared a smirk. While Mario was more concerned as he crossed his arms and looked at the ground. Browser looks between the three, confused, before he crosses his arm.

"What was that about?" he asked as the two brothers shared a laugh while Mario avoided eye contact.

"Nothing," Wario said as his smile got bigger.

"Yeah, you don't need to worry too much." Waluigi added with a giggle.

"You two are a bunch of idiots," Mario said as he let out a sigh before looking at Bowser and asking, "Why are you looking for him?"