"I see?" Malani stood to her tippy toes to try and get to Amerie's level for her to see the pictures herself. Glancing up, Amerie watched the elevator numbers stop going up, letting her know they were on their respective floor.

"I'll show you when we get a little settled baby, let's just get through this part okay?" She looked down to Malani who only nodded, just as the elevator doors slid open.

"Mhmm...and send to dada." She requested of Amerie, making her mother giggle to herself from the demanding nature of her child.

"Okay princess, I'll send to daddy." She leant down to kiss Malani's forehead gently, assisting her daughter in walking off of the elevator.

"Tanks." She nodded, before walking off between the security guards who escorted her.

Shaking her head, Amerie couldn't do anything but follow behind and let her lead the way. Her little self being so independent was the most adorable thing to her, seeing as Malani had the so big of a personality to be a person in such a tiny body.

She greeted whoever was along her way of walking towards the area where photos would be taken. She honestly didn't have any desire to take them, as she never did, but from the way Malani got into position almost instantly, she knew she didn't have much of a choice.

Releasing a harsh breath, Amerie stepped along the purple carpet to stand next to her daughter. They posed in all kinds of different ways for the photographers to capture one of the greatest milestones and achievements of Amerie's life, and one that she had the most important person in her life to celebrate with.

"Mama." Malani tapped Amerie's leg, bringing her mother's attention down towards her.

"Yes baby."

"Alone...pwease." She gently pushed at Ameries leg, making her mouth drop with a gasp while everyone else laughed at the little girl.

"Malani- you know what." Amerie raised her hands in surrender, not even having it in her to go back and forth with the child. "This why you going over your father's house tonight, since you clearly hate ya mother." She shook her head, bringing Malani to a fit of giggles that didn't stop her light pushing.

Shaking her head, Amerie walked off to the other side of the carpet to allow Malani her moment. She took a short video of it, before going to Syre's contact in her phone.

Text to Lani's dad:
*1 attachment*
Look at your child, why she
kick me out the pictures

Text from Lani's dad:
You was fucking up my princess shot,
tell her daddy said good job

Text to Lani's dad:
Boy fuck you

The sound of Malani's short heels clicking pulled Amerie's attention from her phone to eye her mini me. "Oh, you done now?" She raised an eyebrow, looking down to her daughter who only cheesed up at her.

"Mhmm, we go." She pointed for Amerie to start on walking.

Eyeing Malani for another minute, she could only laugh to herself as she grabbed her daughter's hand to start on walking again. She felt like her life was being run by this 3 year old, who she didn't have a choice in raising.

With the more steps they took, Amerie could hear the loud chatter amongst people over the soft jazz music that played from the live band setup. Every footstep deeper, was a step closer to her new reality of what was a dream come true.

Every step signified how far she'd come, how hard she worked, and how much everything was finally paying off. Every step she took, in the building she now owned, felt like she was just walking into her future and the next chapter to her life that she'd worked so hard to get to.