11. 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭

Start from the beginning

"It's 'bhabhi' for you, and I haven't gone mad to gift you. Give these to Ayla, and make sure not to do it in front of everyone" Almir instructed.

"What will I get in return?" Ali asked cheekily.

"Oh, really?" Almir responded with a smile, that giving message 'you want to die!'

Flashback Ends

Ayla refrained from asking about Almir and why he hadn't been in touch with her. She didn't want anyone meddling in their personal affairs.

Once in her room after the tea session, Ayla noticed a message from Almir on her phone. Her heart filled with a sense of relief, and a smile graced her face.

I hope you received the gifts. Please reply after seeing them.

Ayla decided to offer her Isha prayer before returning his call. She completed her nightly routine and sat on her bed with the gifts laid out before her. Placing her phone on speaker, she called Almir, intending to unbox the gifts with him. To her surprise, he cut the call almost immediately, only to initiate a video call seconds later.

As the video call connected, Almir inquired, "Do you like the gifts?"

"I'm about to open them" Ayla replied.

"Go ahead and open them" He urged.

Ayla, while unwrapping the first Chanel shopping bag, gasped in astonishment. Inside was a stunning Chanel handbag from the latest collection, a fashion lover's dream. Her eyes widened, and she couldn't believe her luck. It was a bag she'd admired when Zoniya had shown it to her the day before.

Opening second bag, revealed a watch and oh Waoo

Opening second bag, revealed a watch and oh Waoo. She was obsessed with watches and this looks so elegant.

Ayla's gaze flickered to the phone screen, which was propped on the bed

Ayla's gaze flickered to the phone screen, which was propped on the bed. She positioned the bag in front of the camera so that they could both see it. She raised an eyebrow, questioning Almir about the gifts.

"Last bag!" He said, a touch of nervousness in his voice.

Ayla opened the last bag, with curiosity what holds next, revealing two large boxes of her favorite chocolates. She was delighted by the sight.

"Do you like everything?" Almir asked, his voice tinged with anxiety. It's first time he bought gifts for someone personally.

"Yes, I love them. Thank you" Ayla replied, although her enthusiasm was somewhat muted due to her lingering frustration.

"Ayla, I am so sorry. All the frustration I've been experiencing from something else came out on you. I'm truly sorry" Almir sincerely apologized, his regret evident.

Ayla offered a nonchalant hum in response, accepting his apology, but she still had questions. Why hadn't he called or messaged her during their argument? She wanted answers.

"Hey, sweetheart" Almir began, and a sudden blush painted Ayla's cheeks. For the first time since their Nikkah, he had used an endearing term for her.

"I wanted to apologize with these gifts" Almir continued. "If I had them in my hands, I would have come to you personally."

"It's okay" Ayla reassured him, her heart warming at his words.

"By the way... should I make you angry all the time?" Almir asked playfully.

Ayla appeared confused. "Why would you want to do that?"

Almir responded, "Because then you'd use the card."

He earned a glare from her.

The two of them continued to chat into the late hours, discussing a wide range of topics and getting to know each other even better. Ayla did most of the talking, and Almir listened, falling for her even more with each word she spoke.

As their conversation came to a close and Ayla drifted off to sleep, she felt a sense of contentment that everything between her and Almir had been set right.

Follow me on Instagram (authornizay_)
(For book teasers, book reels & recommendations)

...........

I am happy to share with you all, this book crossed 1K votes✨ Thank you dear readers for love and support 🤍
Keep supporting me like this. You one vote, feedback means a lot to me. So don't forget to click ⭐ button (If you like my work)