Chapter Twelve

So sorry for not updating in so long! It's hard keeping up with school and writer's block. I won't put a max on the voting either. If you enjoyed it, vote. If not, tell me why in the comment. Also, I love feedback. Don't be afraid even if it is negative (hopefully it will be positive though :)

I paced slowly around Axl's room. Now that I think of it, he believed me so easily. Why is that? I settled into the bed, realizing I was stuck in that jail ceil for a long time since it's dark outside. I curled into the bed, hugging the cover. My hands automatically curled into fists. I was completely angry at Axl. I understand it must be difficult to have both of his parents die but to kill me? To believe I did something like that? I was not made for this.

A wave of emotions came over me.

I was going to leave.

My sarcastic, smart ass self could not help me out of this. I'm positive Axl does not trust me as much as he used to.

Everything is just fucked up.

The door suddenly opened and Gem sauntered in. Great.

“What the hell could you possibly want right now?” I growled.

She raised an eyebrow, taken back from my sudden outburst, “Well damn, what bit you in the ass? Anyway, Drama Queen, I came here to squash our little dislike for each other.”

I rolled my eyes, “Are you doing this just because I'm not dead?” I sneered the last word, making Gem back away from me.

“Geez, what's seriously pissing you off?”

“I ALMOST DIED!” I screamed, “All of the adrenaline is gone and I'm feeling every piece of me going insane. I feel like I'm losing my mind.” Tears swelled in my eyes.

Gem frowned, “Calm down, Poppy. I'm positive more chances of you dying will occur. It's common to get threatened. You have power now. What you need to understand is that everyone here, or some, are here to protect you. Axl wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. Trust me.”

“Did you forget who tried to kill me?” I screamed.

Gem sighed, “I guess I can't change your mind. That's fine. I also wanted to say that I'm leaving. It was nice hating you.” Before I could reply, she walked out.

I gulped, quickly thinking of a plan and hurrying out the door. “Gem!” I shouted, “When are you leaving?”

She called back, “Tonight. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, meet me at the front gates at eleven.”

If she was right, she was going to help me get out of here too.

Suddenly, arms enclosed around me and I panicked.

“Calm down, Poppy. It's me.” Axl muttered, nuzzling the back of my neck. I couldn't help it but my body went rigid, “Why are you so stiff?”

“I don't know.” I frowned.

His fingers laced around my waistband, lifting up my shirt slightly. His warm fingers gracing my skin.

“What are you doing?” I asked, pulling out of his grasps.

His expression was confused, his hand limping to his side, “Um... I just... wanted to kiss you. Or, you know, maybe a little more. I know we haven't gotten the chance but the urge is there.” His expression suddenly changed when he noticed mine, “I'm sorry if I'm too forward. Then again, I'm a guy.” He chuckled slightly then cleared his throat.

I honestly didn't know how to react, “You can kiss me if you want.”

“Really?” He raised his eyebrows, hope in his eyes.

I nodded, stepping toward him, “Last time we tried to do this, my father walked in, remember?”

He grinned, which was surprising to see. I haven't seen that in awhile, “Then, we should go into the room so we don't get disturbed.”

He back me up into the room, forcing me to lean against the closing door. He placed his hands over my head, locking me in place. He leaned in, his eyes fluttering close. His lips touched mine and something sparked. I was hungry. Hungry for him. My hands wrapped around his neck, drawing him in. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to ravage my mouth. And that's exactly what he did. We both went out of breath, pulling apart slightly.

“We should probably stop before things get out of hand,” He sighed, leaning his head against mine.

“I agree.”

He looked into my eyes, “Have you been crying?”

I pulled away, “No. It's just been a long day. We should probably go to sleep.”

He smiled, “Can we cuddle? We haven't done that in awhile, since you know.”

I smiled back, “A big bad wolf likes to cuddle? That's new.”

He laughed, “I can't help it. I like knowing that you're right there with me.”

“Sure, I think you're just a big baby.”

He shrugged, “If that lets me cuddle, I am a big baby.” We both settle into the bed. Axl immediately curling up beside me. He sighed, his breathing evening out quickly. I closed my eyes but nothing seemed to help me sleep.

I knew in just a few hours, I'd be running away from Axl.