Feelings... for a girl

'I guess it kinda does hurt to try.'

————————————————————————-

Nj's POV

I shift in my sit now feeling a bit weird in this situation. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom, be right back." I quickly speak then walked fast to the restroom.

Chapa's POV

I watch as Noella practically runs to the bathroom after just having her hand on my thigh. I can't help but feel bad about my attitude. I just don't how to deal with these new found feelings... for a girl.

"What was that Chapa?" Mika asked me. "What was what?" i say acting unbothered. "What was with the attitude you had with Nj?" Miles spoke up. "Nothing, she's just competition. I can't get close with competition." I make up some reason. "You're on the same team though." Bose said. "So? she's still competition." I replied. Mika just sighed and said, "Can you just try and be a little more kind? I just met her and she's really cool once you get to know her." "I'm not interested in getting to know her but, whatever, i guess." i lied i do wanna get to know her, i think im just scared to?.

Noella comes walking back from the bathroom. I analyzed her outfit. She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, a jean skirt that showed off her perfect thighs, knee high leg warmers, and some white and gray shoes.

 She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, a jean skirt that showed off her perfect thighs, knee high leg warmers, and some white and gray shoes

(like this. and she's around that height in my mind. if you don't like it feel free to come up with your own outfit!)

She looked amazing. Completely different than seeing her yesterday in her basketball uniform. She was definitely more feminine than i expected her to be.

Noella made it back to the table and grabbed her backpack. "I think I'm just gonna go." She said starting to turn around. "No wait don't go, we wanna keep getting to know you." Bose says. She gave him an 'awe' kind of stare, and took a deep breath. "Okay fine. But only because I would like to continue getting to know you all too. Even you grumpy." Noella teased looking over to face me as she sits back down.

God she's beautiful. I did a slight smirk trying my best to make it look fake. She is starting to make it hard to act nonchalant.

NJ's POV

Through that fake smile I could tell i'm getting to her a little . I may or may not have just cried a little in the restroom, but after looking her in the eyes, every thing is gone. Those negative thoughts and emotions are pushed back. Her cheeks turn a bit red and she quickly looks down.  I'm definitely not gonna give up.

TIME SKIP

I continued getting to know everyone, except for Chapa who stayed on her phone the whole time. She's so stubborn that it's kinda cute. We were all walking out the door, when i grabbed Chapa's arm holding her back, and letting the door shut. She turns to me with a confused look on her face. "Why are you being like that to me?"
i asked her.   "Like what?" she asked back trying to move her arm away from me. I gripped her hand not letting her leave. "Don't act dumb with me, you know what i'm talking about." I say.

She sighed. "Look we may be teammates now, but we are not friends. You're technically still competition." Chapa finished. "Ohh, now I see. You're intimidated by me aren't you?" I say teasing her a bit. She rolled her eyes. "No im not, but there can only be one number one player on the team and it's gonna be me." She spoke looking me dead in the eyes. "We'll see about that cutie." i said flirting with her.  I could tell she was going to walk away but I had to go for the last thing.

"Wait," she turned her head back to me. " i can tell you're warming up to me though." I paused to see if she would notice, and she didn't. All she did was give me another confused expression. "You're still holding my hand darling." i say smiling. She suddenly looked down at our hands and yanked hers back. Hiding her smirk, and walking out the door.

————————————————————

A/N

THANKS FOR READING MY LOVES. LMK if you have any recommendations or feedback to share. Love you guys!

XoXo, JJ💋💋