Chapter 13

11 Weeks Pregnant

"Come on Reese." Keaton laughed kissing my stomache.

"Seriously, I don't feel good." I said.

I rolled over onto my side, leaning over the side of the bed with my head aimed into the garbage can that was set beside the bed. My body jolted, heaving. I gagged repeatedly until the vomit came up out of my throat. 

I felt Keaton rip chunks of my hair away from my face as I continued to throw up into the garbage can. He used one hand to rub my back gently while whispering things to me. I couldn't hear him and I didn't care to. He was there, and helping.

That was enough for me.

I laid back down on my back as Keaton frowned at me. I could tell he felt guilty for being the reason that I was sick but I ignored it. He never said it out loud but I knew what he was thinking, I just knew by looking at him.

"You alright? It sounds like somebody is dying in here." Nate asked leaning into my bedroom.

"Im fine." I assured him.

"Well I don't have anything to do today, so we can lay in bed all day if that's what you want to do." Keaton said nuzzling his face against my neck.

"I just don't want to move." I whinned.

I turned on my side with my back to Keaton who didn't like the cut off of attention he had with me and Reese. I frowned as I realized that I now was hungry for pineapple. What was up with this weird pregnancy shit?

I got up out of the bed with Keaton giving me strange looks. My stomache was more noticable now, and it did irritate me. I was a recovering anerexic, and being this big really did big me. GREATLY. I kind of wanted it to end, but then again I knew I was doing this for Reese.

I walked down to the kitchen with Keaton fallowing close behind me like he was a guard dog or something. I started to cut up a pineapple as Ramona entered the room with Darla and Haydey at her side. Haydey rolled her eyes and walked into a different room.

Haydey was not very enthused about not only Ramona being pregnant again, but now I was pregnant too. She did not like it one bit. I ignored her childish eye roll and continued to cut the pineapple into chunks.

"There's so many babys." Darla laughed. 

"River and I picked a name for him." Ramona chirped happily. 

"What's that?" I asked biting a peice of pineapple.

"Domanic. Dom for short." She smiled over at me as I got lightheaded.

"I like it." I smiled back at her.

"What are you doing?" She laughed at me. 

"Hungry." I groaned angerly. 

"Hey Reese." Darla said kissing my stomache that was sticking out in the tight shirt. 

"I think Reese likes you." Keaton assured Darla.

It must have only been an hour or so after then because I thought it was the pineapple that was making me sick when it wasn't. I started throwing up uncontrolably. My body ached, I was shaking. My mind was wondering in all sorts of directions.

What was going on? Why was I so damn sick? I tried to control my breath as pain rose up in my body. My stomache started to pound painfully, making me worry. I looked over to Keaton who was sitting next to me on the couch. He senced something was wrong. 

"Doctors. Now." I panic'd as the pain got worse.

"What's going on?" Keaton asked completely alarmed.

"Somethings not right." I frown.

Keaton drove, a little too fast. I wanted to yell at him and tell him to slow down but I was just keeping my mouth shut for now. I just needed to get checked. Something wasn't right, and I just knew it. 

Keaton carried me into the hospital and they immediatly sent me to a room in the back where a doctor would meet me. The doctor seemed to take days but what was only maybe ten minutes before he arrived in the room with Keaton and I.

He moved the remote around my stomache looking concerned as he continued. He knew something wasn't right, and so did I.

Something was wrong. 

And I soon found out what it was. 

Rest In Peace my baby Reese.

Reese wasn't developing the way he/she was supposed to be. The doctor suspected that the baby might have had a mental issue, or maybe something wrong with his/her lungs or heart. All in the end, I bawled.

Bawled until I got home, where everybody already knew thanks to a call that Keaton had made to a worried Ramona. 

"Can you put me to bed?" Darla asked once I walked in the house. 

I agreed, just wanting to be near someone, someone little. I thought about Reese, and wondered if Reese was a girl, or a boy. What she/he would be like? Look like me or Keaton? Act like Darla? Would he/she cry all night? Sleep all day? What?

"It's okay." I told Darla who was still crying after hearing that Reese had went to heaven.

"Read me a story?" She asked politley. 

I nodded my head, and proceeded to tell her the legend of sleeping bear. The mama bear and her two baby cubs swam acrost the Michigan lake to the other side. There was a fire in their home land and they had no choice. The mama bear reached the other side, but couldn't find her cubs. 

She sat on top of a huge sand dune, waiting for over a year for her babies to reach the shore. She was in obvious denial. She died laying there, and the legend said that the sand covered her and burried her under the huge sand dune that was now called Sleeping Bear Dunes. Her cubs formed to be the Manhattan islands, and in the end the two baby bears and the mama bear ended up together as the two islands, and the sand dune.

"I'll be right back." I said ending the story. 

I walked into the hallway, and let a few tears spill down my face. I wanted nothing more than to have helped Reese so he/she could be alive. I wondered if it was something that I did that caused the death. The guilt was killing me, and I needed it to end. 

I grabbed a red fuzzy blanket from the hallway and walked back into the bedroom where she was laying down, clutching the book in her little arms as she closed her eyes. She tried to whisper but I could still hear her.

"It's okay mama bear, my sisters baby, Reese went to heaven too. Your cubs are always in your heart, they love you mama bear. Don't be sad that they're gone now, just be happy that they were there. I love you mama bear and Reese." She sighed, letting a tear fall down her face.

I quickly covered her with the blanket and walked back into my bedroom where Keaton was laying on the bed waiting for me. He was tence, I could tell. I crawled into bed with him, and let the tears spill out of my eyes. My heart felt broken, I felt numb, but in pain at the same time. If that's even possible. 

Keaton wrapped his arms around me, holding me completely against his bare chest. I cried continuously as he held onto me, not letting me go.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Shh, it's not your fault." He whispered back, kissing the top of my head.