"No..." Alex says. He never really thought about the fact that he might have feelings now and this isn't just a favour to him anymore. Nor does he know how Henry feels. "I don't know, I didn't think this would happen."

"You should ask him to be your date for our ball!" Nora exclaims excitedly as she suggests it.

"Oh my god, yes!" June gasps as she grabs Nora's face in her hands. "I fucking love you."

Nora giggles. "I love you too."

Alex makes an obnoxious gagging noise. "Not in front of me, please."

"This could be you and Henry," June says, before she kisses Nora abruptly, taking her by surprise but she deepens the kiss on instinct.

"Ugh," Alex groans as he covers his eyes, to which June and Nora break from their kiss, laughing and smiling widely. "I hate you guys."

"You love us," June says.

"And Henry," Nora laughs.

In the late afternoon when he is back in his dorm, he nurses his hangover with a lot of water, shitty rom-coms and even more coffee. He decides he feels as well as he can after the excessive amount of alcohol he consumed the night before.

Thanks to the useless dorm aircon that never works, he is currently shirtless and a little sweaty as he lies sideways on his couch with his window fully open but not much of a breeze giving him any relief. Alex begins to strongly consider investing in a fan.

There's a knock at his door. He stares at it for a moment, hoping whoever is on the other side will go away but the first knock is followed shortly by another louder knock. He swings his legs over and as he approaches the door he sweeps back the hair that has stuck to his forehead from sweat.

He opens the door and Alex regrets everything because it's Henry. Of course, it's Henry.

"Hello- Oh," Henry is wide-eyed and blushes immediately as his eyes travel down to Alex's chest and back up again. He blinks at him and clears his throat. "Did I come at a bad time?"

"No, no. It's fine. The aircon isn't working so," Alex says, gesturing to himself. He finally has a good look at Henry who looks unfairly well-rested and is dressed in jeans that hug his waist nicely and a tucked-in white button-up shirt. Alex is going to die.

"Anyway," Henry meets his eyes again. He lifts the jacket up between them and Alex stares at it for a moment. "I came to give this back to you."

"Thanks," Alex says, finally taking it from him. Henry nods solemnly and inhales deeply.

"And I actually wanted to ask you something," Henry starts hesitantly, his eyes flickering from his fidgeting hands back up to Alex. "I'm going to a party tonight, and I was wondering... Well, hoping you would want to come?"

"Oh," Alex says, the thought of drinking more alcohol results in a grimace on his face that Henry immediately acknowledges.

"Of course, you don't have to I just-"

"I do want to," Alex interrupts, he really doesn't. "I'm just still recovering from last night. If I come, I probably won't drink... Who's party is it?"

"One of Pez's mates. His name is Danny, I believe. He has a place at Allston Village."

"Pez has other friends?" Alex jokes. Henry laughs softly, smile lines forming by his eyes and it's Alex's final straw. Alex knows he's too far gone to say no. "Yeah sure, I'll be there."

"Wonderful," Henry smiles brightly. Alex internally melts, he is so easily influenced by that smile. "I will see you tonight then."

"I'll probably be late," Alex tells him. "Not arriving at a party early when I'm staying sober."