Breathe, Ri! Breathe!

Começar do início

"Don't you think it's simply divine?" Kellin said in a horrible British accent. I chuckled and dumped myself next to Kellin on the couch.

"What about you?" I asked as I surveyed his arms. "Oh! Why did you get so many?! You don't have the look to pull off so many tattoos!" I whined and stuck out my bottom lip at him.

Kellin chuckled and threw his arm over my shoulder. My head immediately slung onto his shoulder, almost greedily as I sighed. "What's that supposed to mean?" Kellin asked curiously as he looked down at me.

"It means you have the nice guy look. Not the dangerous, edgy one," I explained poorly as I stretched my mouth wide open to yawn.

"I don't want to be the nice guy!" It was Kellin's turn to pout and he huffed out an enormous puff of air.

"Why not, you big baby?!" I whined and rubbed at my temples. I was exhausted and confused; Falling In Reverse tend to do that to me, it seems.

"Because last guys finish last!" 

"Kellin, it might seem that way at first but you never really know what truly happens in the long run! You can't decide who wins or lose until you compare your life accomplishments after your death! People get what they actually deserve," I whined. I was very tired of that saying. 

I do not believe that nice guys really finish last. I can't believe it! I don't want to live in a world where kind persons get pushed around and hurt all the time. I do believe, however, that people get what they deserve. Therefore, if someone is kind and nice to everyone else, everything will work out for them. That doesn't mean that they won't get hurt or beaten down for how generous they are, but everything will work out just the way it's supposed to in the long run...it has to.

"I'm just goofing around, Ri. Nice hair by the way." I could hear Kellin's smile as he squeezed my shoulder, pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head. "It smells great, too." I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder once more.

"Is something wrong?" Kellin asked carefully. "You seem distracted."

"Ronnie...kissed me," I wondered aloud, not really sure if I was telling him or myself.

"What?!" Kellin growled as he crushed my body into his.

"Yeah. I forgave him for everything and we...sat down with the guys and just hung out. Then, before I left, he kissed me. I was about to slap him but it just wasn't worth it. So I snapped at him and stomped away," I explained slowly, once again more to myself than to Kellin.

"I can't believe he-"

"Kellin, shut up! It's not like he stole my heart or any of that shit! I don't want Ronnie! This stupid ass feud between you two has to stop because it's exhausting!" I groaned, getting very frustrated all of a sudden. 

Kellin sighed and hung his head low. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"You're damn right I am. Now come on," I said as I got up and stuck my hand out for him to grab. "I'm tired. Let's go to bed," I smirked at him. He smiled cheekily and snatched my hand giddily. With that, we made our way upstairs and that night, I managed to sleep through the whole night without getting up once.

The next day rolled by too quickly and I found myself groaning as the sunlight hit my face mercilessly. Kellin had gone back to his room early that morning, just in case anyone came into my room. The decision to stumble downstairs without brushing my hair or showering was made in a flash and soon, I found myself being ridiculed for my look.

"Justin?" I asked the man who was clutching his stomach like a mad man as he laughed all the air out of his lungs.

"What?!" he laughed out, tears streaming down his face.

"You better watch out because I might shake you till your bones rattle and your teeth fall out!" I barked out nastily. He stopped laughing and looked at me with wide eyes. I smirked and threw Justin one menacing nod in his direction.

"Get me some cereal, slave!" I ordered and stuck my nose high up in the air, my arms crossed stubbornly over my chest. No one moved so I raised one eyebrow at the three boys and dared them to test my patience. Gabe, Justin and Jack took one look at my pissed off expression and quickly stumbled around the kitchen to get me a bowl of cereal.

What should have taken twenty seconds ended up taking five minutes. I wasn't about to complain, as long as I didn't have to get up and do it myself. Kellin strolled casually into the kitchen, hair tousled all over the place, bare stomach and puffy face from sleeping. Overall, he was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

"Oh my God! Breathe, Ri! Breathe!" Kellin suddenly yelled and started shaking me.

"What the fuck are you doing, you Medusa cutout?!" I shrieked and held my chest to prevent my racing heart from spluttering out.

"I'm sorry. I thought you had turned purple from choking," he smirked lamely at me.

"Oh come on, Kellin! You can do better than that. That was so lame!" I laughed heartily, making me almost fall off the stool.

"I'm still half asleep," he pouted. 

"What the fuck do I care? The point is that you should always be ready for war, Quinn." I said that with so much smugness and confidence that I even shocked myself. What I hadn't realized is that my words weren't supposed to help Kellin, they were for me.

The doorbell rang which startled us all. Yeah, it was noon already but no one ever really came by which made us all exchange curious and confused glances. Being the perfect lady I am, I dragged my body into the hallway and jerked the front door open.

Before me stood a beautiful woman with long black hair that cascaded down her back in loose curls. Her deep brown eyes bore into mine, as if looking at my soul. As she opened her full lips to speak, I noticed how her sharp cheekbones lifted and how her defined jaw fell slightly.

"Hi. I'm looking for Kellin Quinn?" she asked in a soft voice, as if she were actually afraid of me. Suddenly, I realized that she had every right to be scared! I looked like Freddy fucking Krueger for God's sake! My hand suddenly shot up to my hair as I tried my best to discreetly tame it.

"Yeah, he's here. Who are you?" I asked politely.

"Katelynne," she replied back with a small, innocent smile.

Well...fuck me!