At the end of the letter, Jiang's mother proudly praised Jiang Qiuyue's needlework and said that they liked the clothes she made for the fourth and fifth children. They wore them all day long to show off, which made a group of children in the family home envious.

Jiang Qiuyue finally smiled when she saw this, and put the letter into the canvas bag hanging on the wall. All the letters she had sent before were in it.

When she went to work the next day, the smell of the newly replaced manure was so strong that Jiang Qiuyue almost vomited when she smelled the smell while standing on the ground.

Liu Heping came over with his bucket at this time, wanting to say hello to Jiang Qiuyue, but Jiang Qiuyue and Liu Aiying immediately backed away three feet as soon as they smelled his stench.

Liu Heping's hand stopped in mid-air, embarrassed.

"Comrade Liu Heping, you smell too much." Liu Aiying muttered, holding her nose.

Liu Heping was standing upwind, and the stinky smell of manure, sweat, and fermentation floated in front of him in the wind, which was disgusting.

Jiang Qiuyue pulled Liu Aiying and hid aside, so that she could breathe a little fresh air.

Liu Heping didn't seem to notice the two people's dislike of him, and still asked Jiang Qiuyue about the malted milk powder, and would not stop until he achieved his goal.

Seeing that everyone around them was looking over, Jiang Qiuyue confirmed that her family really did not send malted milk this time. Liu Aiying testified to her, and the two of them hurried to the work area under Liu Heping's obviously disbelieving eyes.

"It stinks!" Zhao Meili had arrived a long time ago and was covering her face with a gauze scarf to complain to Zhao Xiangdong.

Although Zhao Xiangdong can secretly help with the work and Zhao Meili doesn't have to do anything, she must be present at all times, otherwise she will not get any work points.

Fang Weidong and Lin Wenqing saw that Jiang Qiuyue was struggling to vomit, so they suggested that they help them with the work of pouring manure, and they could just show off on the side.

Liu Aiying didn't do it. Firstly, she didn't want to commit fraud if someone reported her, and secondly, she didn't want to owe anyone any favors because she had nothing to do with them.

Jiang Qiuyue also meant the same thing.

The two of them found towels and tied the lower half of their faces, enduring the sour smell and hurriedly completing the work.

The next day, Jiang Qiuyue took out the medical mask in the space and secretly wore it under the towel. Finally, she felt better.

When the fertilization work of the Qingshan Brigade was finally completed, Jiang Qiuyue felt that the smell on her body was overwhelming and she was very sick.

So the Educated Youth Institute boiled several pots of hot water that night, and everyone took a handful of soap beans and rubbed them away to get rid of the unpleasant smell.

Jiang Qiuyue hammered nails into the walls on both sides of the floor cabinet, so she could pull up a curtain in the corner to cover her body. She used soap and shampoo to clean up her whole body, and then she felt alive.

The other two people saw that she was very private, so they took the opportunity to go in and wash themselves one by one, pouring hot water over basin after basin.

Then came the off-farm time. Female educated youths would usually dig wild vegetables for the day in the morning. The traps dug by Chen Zhonghua and the others began to yield results, and they occasionally caught pheasants, voles, and wild hedgehogs.