Going pro - 10

Stephen's first NBA game had just ended after a one point loss to the Rockets. Alexis, Serena, Sean, Jay, Nathan (Jay's cousin) and Donnie had all made it to his game. Stephen's wide smile spread across his face as he spotted his friends who had surprised him. 

                                                   Nathan, Jay and Donnie

Hugs and congratulations filled the air as they surrounded him, expressing their pride and joy. While veryone took turns sharing their heartfelt words of love and support they had for him, Alexis and Serena made their way to the tunnel and waited for him there. Stephen left his friends and made his way to the tunnel, he found her leaned against a wall, as their eyes met, a silent understanding passed between them. She gently placed her hand on Stephen's cheek, her touch warm and reassuring. Stephen closed his eyes, relishing in the comfort and love that radiated from her. Serena stepped back, giving them the space they needed. With her camera in hand, she skillfully captured the intimate exchange without them noticing.

"You were amazing out there," Alexis whispered "I'm so proud of you" Stephen opened his eyes, a tender smile playing on his lips. He captured Alexis' hand with his own, intertwining their fingers. "You played your heart out" Alexis said softly. He looked into her eyes, finding solace in her words. He took a deep breath, allowing her support to penetrate his despondent thoughts. "Its just.." he paused, his voice tinged with disappointment. "It's hard not to feel frustrated. I wanted this one so badly"  She stepped closer, wrapping her arms around him in a tender embrace. She held him tightly, offering a sense of warmth and understanding. Stephen rested his head on her shoulder, finding comfort in her presence."It's okay to feel disappointed, remember, wins and losses are part of the game. What matters most is your effort and passion out there" she whispered, her voice soothing. 

Stephen nodded, his grip on Alexis tightening "thank you for being here," he replied 

"You welcome, now go be with your teammates" she stood on her tippy toes and gave  him a slight peck before letting him go

...

When Stephen entered his apartment that he shared with Sean, he was greeted by loud noises of his friends. They all gathered in the living room, chatting as they shared stories and celebrated Stephen's first game. Stephen had ordered pizza for just chillin. The doorbell rang, interrupting their conversation, "must be Maya" Stephen quickly walked over to answer it and Maya stood there, a mischievous grin on her face. Stephen's eyes widened  noticing a figure standing beside her. It was none other than the global superstar, Rihanna. Stephen stood frozen, his mouth hanging open in disbelief. The rest of the group, noticing Stephen's reaction, turned their attention to the doorway. Their expressions mirrored Stephen's shock as they saw Rihanna walking in behind Maya, radiating star power and beauty. For a moment, silence filled the room as they tried to process the unexpected sight before them. Jay, the first to regain his composure, broke the silence with a whispered exclamation. "Is that... Rihanna?" Serena, Sean, Donnie, and Alexis, still in a state of disbelief, could only nod in response. Their eyes were fixed on Rihanna, their minds struggling to comprehend what was happening. Maya, unable to contain her excitement any longer, stepped forward, breaking the spell of silence. "Surprise!" Finally finding his voice, Stephen managed to stammer out a few words. "Maya... Rihanna... I can't believe... Wow!" Rihanna, amused by the stunned reactions of everyone, walked into the living room, her megawatt smile illuminating the space. "Hey, everyone, sorry for crushing yalls party. I hope thats okay with yall" The group slowly snapped out of their astonishment, their expressions transforming into wide smiles and exclamations of joy. They all gathered around expressing their admiration and gratitude for her presence. "Thank you guys, now I understand why Maya kept saying she couldnt mis your game, looks like you guys show up for each other"