Tricky Buisness

Crowley huffs as he watches the snow fall. He then realizes how cold it is in the bookshop.

"Aziraphale?" Crowley calls out. Aziraphale answers with a small hum. 

"Do you always have it this cold in your store?" He slides under one of Aziraphale's blankets. He shivers as he curls up underneath it.

"Oh. well it's mainly because of the air outside that the shop is cooler. It is a very old bookstore you know." He smiles to himself, hand washing the black button down. He sinks the shirt into soapy water and comes out of the washroom. Crowley isn't anywhere to be found.

"Crowley? Dear?" Aziraphale calls out. He spots movement under the covers on his bed. He grins as he moves the covers back.

"Crowley, what are you doing? Silly" Crowley shivers again, a small smile creeps onto his lips.

"I miscalculated how cold it would be here. I should've known with it being winter now and all."

Aziraphale immediately frowns.

"Crowley I forgot! You cannot stand the cold it makes you feel awful!" Aziraphale pulls Crowley onto his lap, wrapping a blanket around him. Crowley snuggled up to Aziraphale, his teeth chattering quietly. Aziraphale smiled.

"I'll go start you a warm bath, and make you some hot tea" Aziraphale got up from their spot on the bed and put another blanket around Crowley.

Crowley's mind was cloudy. The cold was getting to him. Aziraphale started running water in the tub, it soon turning warm. He let the tub fill and turns the water off.

"Alright Crowley, let's go" He said, but Crowley was stuck under the covers with no intention on moving.

"Crowley..." Aziraphale put his hand on Crowley's back. He was freezing. Aziraphale picked up Crowley gently, taking him into the washroom. He placed Crowley on the side of the tub, getting him to sit.

"Do you think you can remove the rest of your clothes?" Aziraphale asked.

"Angel, I can hardly move." Crowley's voice crept. He almost managed to laugh at his own remark. Aziraphale blushed.

" Well.. I'll just have to help you myself." Aziraphale took off Crowley's belt, trying to be quick so he could get into the bath. He blushed harder before removing Crowley's trousers. Crowley leans against Aziraphale. He quickly took the rest of Crowley's clothes off, trying not to think about how inappropriate it was as he helped the demon into the bath. Crowley immediately relaxed, feeling the warmth around his skin. Aziraphale smiled sweetly, sitting on a chair beside the tub.

"Feeling better my dear?" He asked, putting his hand on the tub gently. Crowley took it.

"Much." He responds, sinking into the water. Aziraphale moves his hand gently. A cup stand on the bathroom counter.

"What was that for?" Crowley asked, his hair becoming soaked in the bubbly water.

"To warm a tea for you." Aziraphale stares at the nozzle of the bath as to not look at Crowley's exposed body.

"Ah... you know, I don't even like tea. Don't waste whatever you have on me." Crowley sat up.

"Oh, would you stop. It will help keep your body temperature warm." Aziraphale insisted, again keeping his eyes away from the bath water. Crowley attempted to run a hand through his hair, fingers getting caught on a rather large knot.

"Damn it. This always happens." Crowley frowned. Aziraphale looked at him puzzled.

"Well, long hair does tend to get messy. When is the last time you have brushed your hair, my dear?" Aziraphale's question received a laughing cough.

"If I'm being honest.. probably the last time you brushed it." Crowley takes his hand out of the mangled mess.

"That was over a century ago, Crowley!" Aziraphale looks into Crowley's eyes stunned. Crowley takes a pause.

"I never saw the need for it. Just a waste of time to me" Crowley nods to himself. Aziraphale grabs his brush from the counter.

"That won't do. Sit here and I'll clean it for you." Aziraphale insists.

Crowley, taken aback by the Angel's sudden interest, eventually complied and sat with his head against the tub. Aziraphale takes a bottle of shampoo off of the edge of the tub, filling the soap from the bottle in his hand. He carefully grabs hold of Crowley's hair and begins applying the soap. The red haired man nervously sits with his head tilted back. It takes about two minutes before Crowley eases into the massage. He smiles, letting his head rest on the tub.

"You're good with your hands Angel" He chimed, his voice a bit sultry. Aziraphale blushes.

"Hush you! You'll distract me from doing a good job." He continues to move his hands about Crowley's hair, making any knots along the way back to how they were intended. Crowley smirks and closes his eyes. They sit in silence for a long while, the only noises coming from Aziraphale huffing at the mess or the water when Crowley moves his legs. Aziraphale runs his hands through the water.

"I'll be back, I need to get a cup to rinse your hair." He stands, wiping his wet hands onto a towel. Crowley raised an eyebrow.

"Couldn't you just miracle one?" Crowley asks, but Aziraphale is already down the hall. He sighs. Aziraphale likes to do things the 'human' way. Crowley never understood why when he could easily do whatever he wanted. He moves his legs again, getting agitated from sitting with his body bent for so long. His mind goes to his hair. It felt so nice to finally have someone help him with his hygiene. Crowley would constantly forget it was an almost daily routine for most of the humans on earth. It was never an issue to him unless he was smelling unruly or his hair wasn't listening to him that day. Whenever that would happen he would always miracle it away. It always seemed like a waste of time when he could be doing other things, such as having a drink or sleeping. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard footsteps enter the washroom.

"I'm back, my dear" Aziraphale's cheery voice filled the air. Crowley responded with a low hum. The blonde man sat down and let the cup fill with bathwater. He raised it over Crowley's head and poured the water out over the damp curls. Crowley couldn't help but smile at Aziraphale's kindness. Aziraphale had always cared for Crowley even when he was being a pain. Crowley started to wonder why the angel even still cared for him after everything that's happened.