~secrets~

*gasp* sweat dripped down Lokis face and socked into his pillow, he sits up wiping his forehead. *knock knock* Loki kicked his blanket off with his feet, sliding off the bed. He slowly walked to the bedroom door, twisting the door knob and pulling it open. "Hi" Loki mumbled, steve was standing there with concern written all over his face, "you look terrible" Steve said. Loki was cover in sweat and he had dark eye bags and was shaking, "I'm fine" Loki replied crossing his arms. Steve gave a glare and crossed his arms as well, "I don't like when you lie to me" Loki uncrossed his arms and his gaze turned to the ground. "Sorry, I just didn't sleep well", Loki whispered. "did you have a nightmare?" Steve asked tilting his head to the side, Loki nodded. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Steve said, Loki shook his head. Steve reached out running his hand over Loki's head, Loki leaned into his touch. Loki eyes filled with tears as he glued his eyes to the floor, "honey... *pause* please don't cry". Steve said pulling Loki into a hug, Loki lean into his chest as he let silent tears run down his face. "Shh, it's ok" Steve replied putting his arms around Loki, "whys he crying?" Loki moved his head away from Steves chest just to see mean old Tony. "He had a nightmare" Steve replied his voice low and annoyed, Loki looked back at the floor "ya but I'm fine now" he mumbled. "You don't seem ok, do you um wanna talk about it" Tony questioned as he ran his hand against the back of his neck. Loki again shook his head, "alright suit yourself" Steve pulled Loki back into his chest, "don't act like you care" he growled. Tony eyes grew wide and a look of shock went across his face, "I'm not acting, I do care" he said defensively back. Steve rolled his eyes "ya whatever you say", Loki whined it was early in the morning and there was already fighting. His mind felt fuzzy and small, he tried blocking it out but to no use. He hadn't regressed in days and it was finally coming out, "dada" Loki whimperd putting grabby hands at Steve. Steve at first was confused and thinking it was a joke but after seeing Loki's teary eyed face he knew he wasn't joking. Steve reached down scooping Loki up and giving him a kiss on the head, Loki immediately lean against Steve shoulder putting his thumb in his mouth. "Why does he act like that around you?" Tony asked, Steve thought for a minute "I'm not sure, it's almost like he's a baby and needs his daddy" "I'm gonna look it up" Tony replied as he walked down the hallway. Steve carried Loki down the hall and stair till he made his way into the kitchen, he tried putting Loki down but he immediately started crying and screaming begging to be picked back up. "Hi brother and Steve" Thor said walking into the kitchen from the living room, "how my baby brother?" Thor asked in a mocking tone. Loki giggled and mouthed some words no one could hear, Thor stared at his brother he only ever acted like this when he was a little. Thor was about to say something when Tony turned the corner, "I got it!" He said excitedly. "You got what?" Thor asked looking confused, "I got why he's acting like this, it's called age regression.. It's when you revert to a younger state of mind due to trauma" Tony replied happily. He was happy he finally figured out what made Loki act like that, he felt so accomplished. "Loki who's your dada?" Tony asked after a bit, Loki pointed at Steve "dada", "yes good job, Steve's your daddy" Tony said as he encouraged him. "I'm confused" Steve said putting Loki down, Loki let out a small whine. "He think of you as a father figure" Tony replied, "oh" Steve said a smile creeping on his face. Loki fiddled with his shirt pulling it down and wiggling, Thor looked down clicking in his mind what was wrong. He grabbed Loki and pick him up making Loki wiggle against him "nu down down" Loki whined. "No were taking you potty" Loki face turned a bright red, "nu gotta go", "then you wouldn't mind trying?" Thor said as a comeback. Loki wiggled more against Thor as he ignored him, "down" loki growled pointing to the ground. Thor gently put Loki down, "come on bub lets go" Steve piped in. Loki crossed his arms and stomped his foot "Nu!" He yelled. Steve sighed and gave Thor a look meaning 'I don't think this is gonna work', Thor shook his head and sighed as well. "Ok fine you don't have to go" Thor said, Loki looked up and smiled "otay!" He then bolted to the living room and flopped on the couch. "Hopefully he doesn't wait to long" Steve said to Thor, he'll probably wait to be honest.. He's always like this, waiting till the last minute or not even going at all" Thor replied. "If he pisses on my floor again I'm putting him in nappys" Tony said crossing his arms. Thor and Steve looked at each other before nodding in agreement, hours passed and Loki seemed to wiggle and squirm even more.