Chapter 5: Nightmares and questions

A\N: I've discovered that I'm awful at multi-chapter stories. Sorry this was a long wait, Angels. Chapter 5 of Exhaustion reveals secrets is complete, as usual updates are sporadic. I hope you enjoy this, Angels.

She was in her bathroom with a razor clutched in her hand, hovering near her wrist when the bathroom door was kicked in, revealing Angie and Oscar with their weapons raised. Oscar lowered his weapon and Angie did the same as Betty heard a voice she heard in her nightmares.

"Hello, Darling." Came the voice of her Mother who stumbled into the bathroom, carrying a half empty bottle of Vodka in her hands. Betty dropped the razor in shock. What is my mother doing here?! She asked herself before the sound of a bottle crashing to the floor and shattering into a thousand pieces brought her back.

"What are you still doing here?" Her mother asks, her false cheeriness gone. In its place was the mother she grew up with, the woman who blamed her for her father leaving them. Who constantly told her that she was worthless, that she was nothing. Her mother's cruel words caused her to start cutting. "I'm staying here because I passed out because I was exhausted." Betty snapped at the woman she called 'Mom.' The woman chuckled and shook her head. "No, I meant what are you still doing here? You should be dead by now." Her mother said with a smile that drove an nonexistent knife through her heart. She didn't know why the woman's words still affected her. Tears filled her eyes as she looked at her Mother.

"Well I'm not, so deal with it." Betty said as she picked up the razor again. Just as she lowered the object to her arm, she felt a sharp pain in her chest and blood spilled from her. She looked up and looked into the eyes of Oscar Vega who had an evil smirk on his face.

"Goodbye, Betts, I love you." He said just as he plunged a knife into her chest. 

Betty shot up in bed with a scream, clawing at her chest as she tried to remove the knife from her chest. She shook her head as she tried to rid her mind of the nightmare. She had dreams like that before but they had never included Oscar or Angie. And no one had ever stabbed her in the chest. The Medical Examiner got out of bed and walked out of the bedroom. She shakily walked into the living room.

She gasped as she entered Oscar's living room: sat there on the couch with the TV on, the room bathed in a soft light from the lap on a table, was Oscar. He had a smile on his face as he saw her. "Hey, you okay?" He asked as she sat on the couch, away from Oscar. She knew Oscar would never hurt her, never in a million years, but she couldn't shake the latest nightmare off, she couldn't get rid of the image of Oscar stabbing her to death, or the words he said before he plunged the knife into her chest. Goodbye, Betts, I love you. were the the words spoken by Oscar true?

Did he love her?
Did she love him?

"Betts, you okay?" Oscar asked her, turning her attention to him and off her racing thoughts. She turned to look at him and saw he was smiling at her. She returned the smile and nodded her head.

Was she okay? She didn't know but she would be, soon.

"Can I ask you something?" The redheaded ME asked her co-worker, who nodded his head. "You can ask me anything, you know that." Betty cleared his throat and stared at him.

"Do you love me?" She asked him.

A/N: This is a short chapter because I'm losing motivation with this story, so this will only have one more chapter left, enjoy, Angels.