1

He is going to come!!
Is he going to come?

I think I wish more than I deserve. In the middle of the war, I can hear every single shot sound. The light gun's bang is so trivial. I am used to it. It is not something to be afraid of anymore. The thing that I would be afraid of is

Bang..

Yes, these fucking bombs. I think they are endless.

I can't hear anymore, God! help me. The only thing I can see is an unclear dusty scene, which is made of screaming, fleeing, and wailing. I am done. I have been here for hours crouched behind this half-ruined wall with dents of thousands of bullets on it. I am gasping heavily.

Ok, that is enough. I am supposed to do something. No matter what happened, I would get a bullet mark on my forehead or succeed in escaping.

As I want to stand up.

Hawwa!

I heard my name. yes, Hawwa is my name, at least I am sure about this. I turn back. Yes, there is a person next to me who is breathing heavily. Dust covers the entire of his body. I am only able to see his brown eyes, which seem to be the only part of his body, which is obvious and clean. He is observing me like he's lost something in my face.

"Are you Hawwa?" The man asks while he is scanning around, feels like someone is chasing him.

I am not certain whether I should trust him or not, btw.

Yes, I am

So, Ms., come with me.

"Why should I?"

"You have to."

I don't know who he is, but most of his attention is around the conversation.
Must I listen to this unknown man?

"Who are you? " At least I should know his name.

"Ms., we don't have the time to know each other. Come along," he says and extends his hand.

There is nothing to lose. Let's accept it.
I grasp his hand as he pulls me and starts running. As we are running through the rain of shootings, with every glance
I face profoundly grotesque and visceral images of scorched bodies.
Kids, soldiers(at the same age as me, if I wear a boy). Finally, we get out of the dangerous part. Now I can stop and finally catch my breath. The man stands in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders.
"Are you OK ?" He is seeking my answer.

I throw his hands off.

If you mean I haven't caught a bullet. No, I haven't.

He sighs and looks away, and then he finds a rock to sit on. I can't see him correctly because his face is wrapped by a gray and dirty keffiyeh. I step back a few and look around to know wherever we are. This place is almost devastated. Few earthen houses surrounded us, but there is no fire, shooting, or wailing. still, I can hear shooting sound from distance , but it is too far away from us.

Hey, who are you ?

I come closer to him. He glances at me and rolls his eyes.

Why is he still? I hate people who roll their eyes.

"I am soobin," the boy says.
Good God, he is not dumb.

Oh, it is not an Islamic name.is he from here?

"How do u know my name?"

He steps closer until he is completely in front of me.
He sighs.

"I know your father. He asked me to help you.so I did. Please zip it up and let me concentrate ." Soobin explains and turns back to his previous place, then sits.

Oh, my father, at least he thinks he has a daughter. I live with my grandma. Actually, I lived she died yesterday. I didn't even have the chance to bury her. Everything happened so fast. I lost everything, everything. However, I know it is not time to be upset. I have to rescue myself.

Why am I credulous? I need to ask him more to trust him. What if he is a smuggler or murderer? He is still drown in his thoughts.
"So what next? " I inquired.
It is obvious from His clothes that he doesn't belong to Afghan soldiers, and neither Taleban.

He looks up to me and tucks the edge of his keffiyeh.

"To your father," he says and stands in a puff.

Does he mean our house? why it doesn't come to my mind. Yes, because it was not the option at all .

"Look! I don't care who you are nor wherever you come from , but the reason I was stuck at that first place was my family no one cares about me in there." I can't control my temper anymore. Perhaps I am grateful for his help, whatever I should choose my way to go.

"Even your father -" he comes closer and
Adjust his glovelettes. "Why do you accept his orders?" he takes more steps towards me .

"Because I respect him?!" I hesitate.
"It is not just respect you rely on him. " he says while he is staring at my eyes.

"I don't.."
Soobin hushes me .
"I know you don't love him, but you accept blindly to marry someone who arranged for you, and this is more than respect we call this sacrifice."

I have no word to say. He knows this. I can read his eyes, no lying, no doubt.
Who is he?

"Who are you?" My mouth is open in ahh.

"I told you I am soobin,"

I frown..
"How do you know all of these? " I emphasize.
"Because I am working with your dad! is that clear? and he wants you to be with your household or something. I have no clue. Just come with me!" Soobin says and grabs my wrist while he forces my stilled body to go wherever he calls it my house.

He hauls me some steps, but I resist, so he let me go.
"I am coming with you but don't you dare to touch me again! " I warn him, maybe this is the only option to accept right now.

"OK, fine by me," soobin shrugs and snigger. I can't see his face, but it is obvious from his eyes.
begin to walk, I follow him.

***
We've been walking for 5 minutes. We had to elude Taleban mercenaries, so it makes the way longer.

"Why don't you show me your face? " If I am going with him, at least I should know how he looks like.

"I am not hiding my face from you. It's just hard to adjust my mask. We are almost home so you can see me there - " he doesn't look behind where I am chasing after him. "- but if you wish?" He points to his keffiyeh that if he takes it off.
"No need !" I know it is silly to accept his excuses. By the way, I don't care too much.

"I will inspect around then you come after ," soobin whispers to my ear.
We are here now in front of my father's house.
It never feels like home for me. Eminent wall embraces the courtyard, and there is no view of the inside until you open the door. However, it's easy to have a whole view of the second floor.
The white color of the wall is peeling off , and the last time when I was leaving, it was new painted.
The golden color is rusty, too.
The house is across the road. Soobin crosses the road and has an overview of around.
"No one is here, come!" He says.
I cross the road, too, and now we can bring in. Soobin pushed the door in case it was already crack-open.

Author POV: Hello dear. I am too excited about this story.
I am Afghan, but this is not based on my life. Actually, I have never been in a war scene.
Almost 3 years ago during Taleban's overrun. A lot of tragic ordeals happened to Afghan girls. They died, got raped, and were forced to marry. However, they were just kids. Parents had to sell their children. Some girls commit suicide. Whatever TALEBAN announced the amnesty, they are still killing fellow soldiers secretly. Nowadays, there are too many limitations on girls, for instance: we are banned from education 😑, can't go outside...😔 I have no idea about their head, but the problem is the situation we are going through.
By the way, this story is not based on anyone's life, but it matches girls' lives here. I would like you to enjoy the story 🙂
I would appreciate it if you commented your ideas and shared this story, and don't forget to make this☆ black 🥰

My Instagram account:@bts_armyartist or the8_thmember
Thanks in advance 🫂