Chapter 21

"You think she's gonna like it?" Beyoncé asks quietly into the phone which causes Ms Eden to laugh.

"Of course she's gonna like it."

"We're about to get back so I hope you're all ready?"

"Stop stressing out okay. She's gonna love it. Take a chill pill. Call me when you're outside."

"Okay thanks, she's coming." Beyoncé quickly cuts the call when she sees Onika walking back towards their booth with a questioning smile on her face.

"Who was that?" She asks seeing as Beyoncé had cut the call immediately she walked out the bathroom.

"Oh.. that.. that's just uh Kelly. Yeah Kelly." Beyoncé stutters out but Onika just sends her a pointed look.

"You can't lie." She straight faces which makes Beyoncé feel a little awkward now not exactly knowing what to say to deviate the topic in another direction.

"I'm not lying." She rolls her eyes "But if you really must know then.. Kelly was supposed to bring your 'surprise gift' but now it isn't a surprise anymore, is it?" Beyoncé high fives herself internally for how believable that one actually sounded.

Onika just looks at her skeptically before finally deciding to drop the topic.

Beyoncé had been acting a little weird all day and she wasn't exactly sure why. She was sure it wasn't because of her birthday because why?

___

She'd already woken her up to breakfast in bed and that alone was special to her because she knew Beyoncé to not be a morning person but she had woken up early for her and had even made her breakfast— even though it wasn't the best.

The thought is what counts anyway.

Then they came out to get lunch, so really this was already a good day for her.

"We should probably head back now."

They walk out the beautiful seaside restaurant hand in hand with stupid giddy smiles on their faces.

Onika was just happy that she got to be spending her birthday with Beyoncé meanwhile Beyoncé was a little nervous to see Onika's reaction to the surprise birthday party she'd planned for her.

With help from Ms Eden, the other kids, Kelly and some of Onika's friends.

"This isn't the way to the orphanage." Onika calls out to Beyoncé as their Uber takes a left turn instead of right which would've lead them to the orphanage.

Beyoncé just keeps quiet looking out the window which makes Onika's frown deepen.

"Beyoncé we might be getting kidnapped right now! Are you fucking kidding me say something!" Onika whisper yells not loud enough for the driver to hear but loud enough for Beyoncé to.

The blonde haired girl just shakes her head, "Calm down he might be taking a short cut. I have 911 on speed dial. We're safe okay."

"If you want to die then that's on you but I'm not ready to die right now!"

Beyoncé chuckles pecking Onika's cheeks multiple times and although the girl wants to melt right there and then she holds herself looking Beyoncé over with a stern look just as the car comes to a halt.

It looked like an arcade?

Onika squinted her eyes looking from the building to Beyoncé. She wasn't familiar with the place at all and she'd never been to this part of town before but the place looked really quiet and not very busy.

"You whooped my ass in every game at your house but now it's my turn to take my revenge." Beyoncé said simply getting out the Uber making sure to keep the door open for Onika.

She leads the girl into the building, her palms sweaty in anticipation.

And as expected all the lights were turned off which made Onika furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why—?"

"SURPRISE!!!!" Onika jumps back in fright as all the lights soon turn on revealing almost everyone she knew.

She looked from left to right seeing party decorations, a snack table, a beautiful pink and white coloured birthday cake, a table full of birthday presents etc.

"Wha—?"

"Happy birthday!" Beyoncé smiles at her confused face which makes Onika look over at her with a questioning look.

"When did you plan all this?"

"Do you like it?" Beyoncé asks back rebutting the question, she didn't want Onika to know that she had been saving up for this for months because then the girl would be looking for ways to repay her.

Onika just nods with tears brimming in her eyes, Beyoncé wraps her in a hug as she cries out tears of joy.

"Okay enough of this sappy shit! Let's party!" Kelly calls out which makes everyone scream back a "Yeah!"  As they all run to go do their separate things.

"Thank you so much bey." Onika smiles up at her girlfriend who smiles back down at her leaning in to peck her lips multiple times.

"You don't have to thank me for anything love. I'll gladly do these things for you and many more." Onika just blushes at Beyoncé's words resting her head on her chest.

"Let's play that game over there Onika I promise this time I'll beat you!" Onika turns to Robyn who's pointing at some game she didn't know the name of.

"You wish." The girl sniffles wiping her eyes a little before following the girl to the game.

Beyoncé just rolls her eyes.. she still didn't like Robyn all that much.

"Stop being a jealous sport and let's go have some fun!" Kelly calls out whisking her away from there and to the basketball game she knew Beyoncé liked.

They'd finished singing songs now and cutting the cake and so everyone was just lounging around. Some still going back to play.

Beyoncé moves around looking for Onika who she hadn't seen since after the cake was cut.

She soon finds the girl sitting by one of the tunnels leading to the ball pit, "What're you doing here?" She asks just now noticing Onika's downcast mood, the shorter girl places her head in Beyoncé's lap almost immediately as she sits.

Onika shrugs, "I just.. this is my first birthday celebration without my mom and so I'm just feeling.. I don't know really."

Beyoncé just hums at her words combing her fingers through Onika's hair. She knew the feeling all too well.

"It's gonna get better Oni." She didn't really have much to say but that because it would.

___

New years here we come!

New year. New me y'all.

This coming year y'all should try get me to 500 followers please 🥹

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Their relationship?

Anyways, vote, comment and share+♡