Chapter 22 - Tank proposes and new prospects

Start from the beginning

"So when are you planning on proposing?" Ace asked.

"I'm not sure. I want to take her to some place really nice for dinner but Prez said that if we go out of town, we have to double with at least one other couple. I know I'm going to be nervous enough without having to propose with one of you jokers watching." Tank said, feeling depressed.

"Well, just because you go on a double date, doesn't mean you all have to sit at the same table." Ace said and it was like a light had gone off over Tank's head. Ace couldn't help but laugh at him as a big smile crept across Tank's face.

"Care to take Dot out on a double date with me and Nicole? Where is a good place to go?" Tank asked.

~~~~~~

As soon as Robbie left the basement, he went in search of Prez and found him in his office, as usual.

"Prez, can I talk to you for a second?" Robbie asked after knocking on the office door and being told to enter.

"Sure, Robbie. I was hoping you were coming to tell me it is lunchtime. I'm hungry." Prez said.

"I've decided I want to prospect for the club. What do I need to do next?" Robbie said.

"Can I ask what made you make up your mind?" Prez asked curiously. The last time they had talked, Robbie had been kind of on the fence about it.

Robbie wasn't certain how Prez was going to take this but he decided to be honest with him. Starting out his life here by lying would be wrong.

"I was just down in the basement and overheard Ace and Tank talking. Ace said he wants to ask my Aunt Dot to marry him but she's waiting to see if I'm going to prospect for the club or not. He said that if I don't, she won't accept his proposal and will leave the club to find us a "proper" home." He said, using his fingers to make quotation marks in the air.

"As you know, I was kind of on the fence about it. I mean, I was already interested in doing it but didn't realize how much my decision was affecting them. Well, my hand has healed, you said the only way I could work in the garage was if I became a member and by doing this, it means my aunt, my sister and Ace will benefit from me joining so I don't see a downside anymore. Plus, I understand that if I become a patched member, I'll get a bike to ride, right?" Robbie said and Prez laughed.

"Yep, that's one of the benefits." Prez replied.

"It's not only those reasons either. I like the idea of helping people out of bad situations. I couldn't deal with walking away from a child like Diana if someone were trying to hurt her." Robbie said and for Prez, that sealed the deal.

"Then all I have to say is welcome to being a prospect for the Rescuer's MC, Robbie." Prez said. He had had a feeling that Robbie would be joining them so he had ordered his cut when he had ordered Bubba's and he walked over to the armoire in his office and took out his cut then went into his desk drawer and took out his name patch.

"I had a feeling I was going to be needing one your size. See one of the women about sewing this on for you and then go see Ace for a gun and holster." Prez grinned at him as he tossed him the name patch then handed him the cut.

"Thanks Prez." Robbie said with a big smile on his face. Robbie immediately pulled on the cut and then left Prez's office in search of Amanda, who would be able to tell him who could sew the patch on for him. He wasn't surprised when Dot questioned him on his decision.

"I want to work in the garage and the only way I can do that is if I become a patched member. I'll have a free place to live, really good food to eat, a good income, health benefits and a bike to ride.