Chapter 3 - Crank appointed team 2's leader

Team 2 left the meeting room in a very subdued manner. They were all guilty of having not taken better care of Jasmine so none of them had anything sarcastic to say to Snoop. None of them had noticed the personal conflict he seemed to be going through. They all just thought he was feeling guilty about leaving the rescue girl alone.

Crank didn't feel particularly thrilled about having to replace him either. Normally, being chosen for something like this would have been an honor but somehow this just seemed different.

While Crank felt bad for Snoop, he also needed to pick his brain. "Hey, Snoop? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Crank asked as Digger and Knife headed downstairs to the gym.

"Sure. What's up?" Snoop replied.

"Are you okay?" Crank asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I should have done this a long time ago. I'm not cut out to lead you guys." Snoop admitted.

"I don't know that I am either. Any tips on being the leader?" Crank asked.

"Not really because I never should have been chosen in the first place. I think I was only chosen because it was the mindset that I'm the tracker and normally the first one to go in. But I've never felt like I really had a clue how to direct you guys, which is something a leader should be able to do. I'm just lucky that you guys kind of already knew what to do on your own.

I can only tell you what Prez has expected of me since I was chosen. You will get included in meetings for instructions before everyone else. You are normally the first one woken up when there is a rescue.

And you answer to Prez if there is a screw up, which thankfully we haven't done too much. Other than that, you know what to do but I have to agree that we need more instructions on what to do with victims. I think that's something we all need to focus on.

There's no pressure on treating them, because we don't have medical training. That's Doc's responsibility but he's not always there. It's not easy to know what to do when you are actually in the situation and someone is hurt and fragile. Do you move them or just keep them still?

To me, that's what makes it harder to deal with them. It's always made me nervous to touch them. I don't want to hurt them anymore and I really don't know what to do to help other than to keep the bad men away." Snoop told him.

He wasn't really ready to say that he wanted to claim Jasmine yet or even admit that he felt something for her because he wasn't really sure what he was feeling. And what, if anything, did she feel for him?

Crank listened attentively and nodded, understanding exactly what Snoop was saying. "So we need more training from Doc. I think I'm going to go talk to him. But first I need to talk to Sara. Thanks. Sorry about this and I do hope there won't be any hard feelings?" Crank asked.

"No, none at all. Good luck, brother. It's a lot harder than it looks, believe me." Snoop said. They shook hands and bro hugged and then Snoop went to find out if anyone had checked on Jasmine, to make sure she had breakfast, while Crank went looking for Sara. She was in the laundry room, taking care of their clothes.

"Hey babe! What's up?" Sara said when she saw him standing in the doorway watching her.

"Hey beautiful." Crank said as he stepped farther into the room, slid his arms around her, giving her a quick kiss, then told her "Guess what? I just got temporarily appointed as leader of team 2. Snoop stepped down when Prez started to chop his ass about leaving the girl we brought in this morning alone and she passed out. Thankfully she was standing near the wall and didn't get hurt but Doc was really upset with him enough to talk to Prez." Crank said.