Chapter 19 - Tank and Nicole's first date

Start from the beginning

"I did notice that it wasn't a standard tank but didn't really pay much attention to it." Prez admitted. "I'll have to take a closer look at it one of these days."

"If you can designate an area for me to build a shed, then I can create all kinds of stuff for you but it has to be a clean shop. I can't weld around anything that has been exposed to flammable materials. The sparks from welding dance all over the place. I have no desire to be burned alive.

Did you know that was how Nicole's husband died? His delivery truck jackknifed and exploded and he was trapped in the cab. Coroner told her he cooked from the inside because he inhaled the flames. Who would tell a widow something like that? Why didn't he just say he died in the explosion?" Tank said. It was something that had bothered him all night long.

"That couldn't have happened here because I know the local coroner and he would never say something like that to a grieving woman. I wonder where they were living when he died?" Prez thought the last part to himself.

"Let me know if you are going to take her out of town for your date but if I were you, I'd take her and her kids out somewhere. Get to know them all before you both get too much invested in a relationship. There's a really nice park near the hospital that has a nice playground but it's still kind of cold for that. When Leon gets here, I'll ask him for you." Prez said and Tank nodded but had a sad look on his face like he already suspected that the kids weren't going to like him or would be afraid of him.

Just as they were about to split up, the buzzer for the front gate went off and Edmond, who had been dusting in the main living room, ran over to answer it. They heard him say "Come on in, Leon."

"Hang around, Tank. I want you to meet Leon. He's our architect. I'll tell you his story later." Prez said and began to walk towards the front door. He opened it to see Leon helping Tasha, Joey and Kelly out of the car. "Wow, he brought the kids too." Prez commented.

"Those kids can't be theirs?" Tank asked softly.

"Brother and sister. But the older girl is his wife. They got married the same day Thor and Nat did." Prez said then turned and caught Kelly as she rushed to give him a hug.

"Uncle Prez!" Kelly screamed as she ran at him.

Prez bent and scooped her up and said "Hey, munchkin. How are you?" Prez asked as he hugged her small body gently.

"I've missed you guys. Mom went to get her hair done so she said we could come play with Diana while you and Leon have your meeting. Who is that?" Kelly explained and then asked about Tank.

"This is Tank. He's a new member. He came to us from Rooster's club." Prez explained. "Tank, this precious little one is Kelly. She has Thor whipped."

"Hello, Kelly. It's very nice to meet you." Tank said with a smile.

"Hi Tank. And I don't whip Thor. I give him lots of hugs and kisses." Kelly said with a pouty lip but she put her hand out to him. Tank was shocked at first but gently took her hand and shook it.

"And this fine young man is Joey. Joey, this is our newest member, Tank." Prez introduced him.

Tank turned to Joey and was amazed at how maturely he greeted him.

"Hello sir. Very nice to meet you." Joey said, holding out his hand.

"It's very nice to meet you too, Joey." Tank said with a smile.

"And these fine looking young newlyweds are Leon and Tasha. This is Tank. He comes to us from the MSMC." Prez said.

They exchanged handshakes and greetings and then Prez said "Come on inside. It may be almost spring, but it's still too cold to be standing outside without a coat and I left mine inside."