Chapter 16 - Another rescue

Start from the beginning

"When is he due to get out?" Prez asked.

"Next Tuesday." Rooster said.

"What time can we pick him up?" Prez asked, his mind kicking into overdrive.

"Any time after 8 am. He's going to need clothes and boots and they will need to be dropped off since the clothes he had when he was arrested won't fit anymore. I'll email you his sizes and send you some money for his start-up expenses." Rooster told him.

"Good. I just got home from taking four new couples shopping and getting in a grocery order. My wallet has been crying all the way home. Hey, is your construction crew going to be busy this summer? We've got to expand and I've got men with women wanting houses but I think we are going to do an apartment complex. Almost half of my guys have managed to find their life partners in the past year. Hammer and his woman were expecting a baby now too and Margie is going to be having her baby here real soon." Prez told him.

"Sounds like your club is about to turn into a mirror image of ours. We've got toddlers running around all over the place and new babies due in the next few months." Rooster said with a chuckle.

"Well, I can't wait for Amanda to give birth. She's due in a little over 2 months." Prez told him.

"Well, I guess you guys won't be going to Sturgis this year?" Rooster asked.

"Probably not me and Amanda or Hammer and Stella but the rest of the guys might want to go." Prez said. "It's too early to even think about Sturgis right now. I've got to get our expansion done and we're going to be building the Rescue Center too. I need all the capable hands I can get and probably for the whole summer."

"Well, let me check what is planned and I'll let you know if I can spare a few guys. So are you good to go on picking Tank up?" Rooster asked.

"Yeah. I just hope he's not thinking that we're going to have club whores for him because I kicked them all out. He'll have to go to town if he wants female company." Prez warned him.

"Ya know what? I can't remember Tank ever messing with the club whores we had when he was here so I'm not sure what he'll want. His woman was killed a long time ago. That's one of the reasons he doesn't want to come back here. Too many memories of her here." Rooster told him.

"Well, if you talk to him before then, let him know I'll be there to pick him up next Tuesday morning at 8 am." Prez reassured him.

"Good deal. Let me know when Margie gives birth and tell them I said congrats." Rooster said before he hung up.

Instead of leaving his office, Prez texted Spokes to come to him, telling he needed to talk to him. A few minutes later, a knock came at his door and he called out "Come in."

"What's up, Prez?" Spokes asked as he came through the door.

"I just got a call from Rooster. Guess what? Tank is going to be getting out of prison next Tuesday. He's been transferred to Lexington and Rooster has asked if he can transfer here at least temporarily. He says Tank doesn't want to go back there, at least not right away, because of some Cobra issues they are having and all the old memories of his woman being there. She was killed not long before he went to jail.

He's being released next Tuesday morning at 8 am. I'm planning on being there to pick him up but do you think we should go in as a club or just me and a driver?" Prez asked for his opinion.

"I think just you and a driver will be enough. He might feel overwhelmed or he might see it as if we don't trust him. We should have a special lunch or dinner for him. Maybe Andy can make his special chicken. I bet he's going to really appreciate some good food after eating prison food for..............how many years has he been in there?" Spokes was quick to reply.