Chapter 16 - Another rescue

Começar do início

The shift dresses that they kept on hand were ordered online and she realized that she was going to have to do that soon but needed to do an inventory of what they had on hand first. Prez had gotten men's boxers in a variety of sizes. Men's jeans and t-shirts would have to be purchased as needed since they didn't usually get men as rescue victims and definitely not ones as big as Bubba.

When Wheels and Guardian joined them with two baskets full of groceries, Prez finally called a halt to it all and they all headed to the check out. Since Prez was the one who was going to pay for it all, he and Guardian stayed to unload everything while the rest of the men took the ladies back to the vans.

"Man, I hope everything is going to fit. We probably should have brought an empty van just to get it all home." Prez said as they filled the conveyor belt over and over again.

"If you want to send the ladies home, they could unload people and bring back a cargo van before we get finished checking out." Guardian suggested.

"Yeah, I think we should. Why doesn't Walmart have bigger bags for large purchases?" Prez groused as he pulled bag after bag off of the spinning carousel behind the cashier and put them in an empty cart. Once he had it empty, he pulled out his phone and texted Wheels to take everyone home and then come back with a cargo van.

Wheels let him know he would be back ASAP and let everyone know. No one objected since it was cold outside and the vans weren't as comfortable to sit in as the couches were at home.

It took nearly half an hour for the cashier to ring up everything and they ended up with four and a half carts full of Walmart bags and a over $600 bill. Prez was just thankful that Brigett hadn't been with them or the bill could have been much higher. That woman loved to shop!

When they got back to the compound, Prez told the prospects to just unload everything on the dining room tables and to help Andy get stuff put away. The ladies could separate and claim the things they had bought.

Prez entered his office to go put the receipt in the pile of paperwork that needed to be entered in the computer and hadn't planned on doing any paperwork right now but his phone rang just as he reached his desk.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Badger. This is Rooster. How are things going there?" Rooster asked.

"Good. How about with you?" Prez said and got an uneasy feeling.

"Good. I need a favor." Rooster said.

"Sure. What can I do for you?" Prez said. When the president of the mother chapter calls and asks for a favor, you don't say no especially since he had helped them out so much in the past year.

"Have you ever met Tank?" Rooster asked.

"Yeah, once. At Sturgis. I think it was the first year after I became president. Didn't he get in some trouble and end up in prison?" Prez asked, trying to remember the details of what had gone down with Tank.

"Yeah. Well, he got railroaded but he's getting out soon and while I'm hoping he will eventually come back here, he asked for an alternate club that is not a 1% club for a while. We're having some Cobra issues right now and I don't want him coming back into this right away. He needs a chance to get used to life on the outside before he can really deal with the memories of coming back here.

I've got his bike here and I'm going to send a couple of men to pull it up on a trailer so that he'll have it. I've got a feeling that he may want to go nomad for a while. I also need someone to go pick him up. He's been transferred to a low security facility not far from you." Rooster explained.