Chapter 15 - Welcome to new members

Start from the beginning

Believe me, telling them is probably more dangerous for the man than telling one of the executive staff. The women are all like sisters. They may not be related by blood but they are by loyalty, to their men, the club and to each other. They are very protective of each other. For any man in this club to disrespect any woman, well, let's just say they all value their man parts too much to even think about it.

Until you are claimed and wear a cut, you are not to wander the house alone and when you leave the clubhouse for any reason, at any time, an escort will go with you. I need for you to understand that anyone knowing you are staying here puts a target on your back. While none of the men here will hurt you, that doesn't mean that rival clubs won't.

Right now, it's pretty quiet and we've chased out all of our competition but that doesn't keep them from coming back. If you are ever in town and see someone with snake tattoos or cuts, that usually means Vipers or Cobras. Some of them like the Satan's Riders wear cuts with a skull and crossbones or a devils' head. All of them are outlaw clubs who not only run drugs and guns but are involved with human trafficking. Since you don't know who's good and who's not, it's safest to say if they aren't wearing one of our cuts, stay away from them.

Anyway, I won't get too involved with explaining that right now. What I would really like to know is what did you do before you got involved with Hank?" Prez asked.

"Like I was telling Snoop and the others, I used to work in the kitchen at the Sheraton in Louisville. Mostly doing prep work but I like to cook too."

"Good. If you are interested in working here, you'll have to go through the prospect process like everyone else but we need help in the kitchen. Our old cook is planning on retiring soon because his wife is expecting their first child very soon. If you think you are interested, we'll talk alone more later.

Julia, right?" Prez asked as he turned towards her and when she nodded, he asked "What did you do before Hanks?"

"I worked as a secretary for a local realtor." Julia said. Prez nodded and then turned to the next woman.

"Candace, right?" Prez asked.

"Please call me Candy. Everyone has since I was a little girl. I used to be a cashier at a grocery store in Lexington. My grandmother used to live in Mt. Steel before she passed away. I had gone to put flowers on her grave, like I've done every year since she passed. She and I shared the same birthday and we had been close. Anyway, I was on my way back to Lexington when my car broke down a couple of miles outside of town. An SOB named Larry stopped and acted like he was going to help me." Candy told him.

Prez thought, "She may look small, sweet and cute, but I'll bet she's a lot tougher than she looks. Crusher will have his hands full with this one."

Prez told them, "Sounds like what that guy Larry did to other women as well. Mara, Bullet's woman, said that he also snatched her when her car broke down and he was planning to sell her to Hank. Thankfully we got to her before he could do that."

Prez turned to the last woman. "You're Sandra, right? (She nodded in reply.) "What about you, Sandra?" Prez asked.

"I was a waitress in Paris. I stupidly went on a date with one of Hank's bartenders and he took me there and then spiked my drink. The next morning, I woke up naked and in one of the "cells"." Sandra said.

"Well, Bubba, you and Julia talk. If you think you are at all interested in prospecting for the club, come back and see me. There is no rush on anyone going anywhere. In the meantime, I need to get some paperwork done." Prez said.

"Prez, can I ask a question?" Sandra asked.

"Sure." Prez answered.

"What if we don't get claimed by one of the men here?" Sandra asked.