Chapter 14 - The day after Hank's

Start from the beginning

"If I wasn't so damned tired, I'd tell you it's okay, that I can handle it but I'm so tired that I feel weak." Andy admitted as he pushed off the stool he was sitting on and went to put his cup in the sink. "Man, why do prospects have to live on the third floor?" He mumbled.

"Go sleep in one of the rescue rooms instead of climbing all of the stairs." Thor said and watched him closely as he approached him. Thor noticed that he looked rather pale. "Are you sure you are okay? You look kind of pale."

"Yeah, just really tired." Andy said as he left the kitchen.

After Andy left the kitchen, Thor and Nat looked at each other and said "We need to tell Prez to get him some dedicated help in here. Andy does an awesome job of feeding us all but it's not fair that he has to do it 3 meals a day 24/7. At least Butcher had Margie so I don't think he realizes how much work it is for just one person anymore." Nat said.

"Yeah. It used to be that the ole' ladies would make lunch some days and we used to do a lot more take out. I'm not positive but I don't think we've done that more than once or twice since Margie got pregnant and Andy took over the kitchen. Plus, there are a lot more men now than there ever has been before." Thor told her.

Half an hour later, Nat was putting the cooked meats in the pans to be put out on the buffet table. Thor helped her put ice in some pans to put the fruit in and the warming trays were set up for the casserole that would be ready to go out soon, when Amanda came downstairs.

She had woken up needing to pee but also because the baby wouldn't settle down and let her go back to sleep, she had decided to come get some coffee. She wished she could have the full strength stuff but had to settle for the decaf.

"Good morning." Thor and Nat greeted her. "What got you up so early?" Nat asked.

"If you say so. Baby won't settle down and let me sleep. I swear he's practicing gymnastics inside of me. He kicks my bladder one minute and then my spine the next. How come you guys are making breakfast? Where's Andy?" Amanda asked after checking that the coffee maker had the fixings in it and then clicking the button on the coffee pot that was reserved for the pregnant women.

"We came in to find him looking like death warmed over. He was up super late making something to eat for the victims that came in after midnight. We need to get him some dedicated help in here, Amanda. Butcher always had Margie to help him. Since she got pregnant, Andy's been doing almost all of it by himself and that's a lot of work." Thor said. "I told him to go back to bed but he was so tired that he couldn't even manage the stairs to get back to his room. He's sleeping in one of the rescue rooms."

"What does Andy do with the bacon grease?" Nat said as she lifted the last of the bacon out of the pans.

"I think there is an empty coffee can in the pantry that he pours it inside." Amanda said she reached up for a coffee cup.

Just then, Ivan and Greggory came into the kitchen. They were about to go off guard duty and came in to see if they could get breakfast before they headed to bed.

"Good morning. Any chance we can get breakfast soon? We're about to go off duty." Ivan asked.

"Who's your relief?" Thor asked.

"I think it's Carlyle and Edmond this morning." Ivan said.

"What was wrong with Andy?" Greggory asked. "We saw him go into one of the rescue rooms but he never came out."

"He only got a couple of hours of sleep and he is worn out. We told him to go get some sleep before he gets sick." Nat told them.

"Oh man. I don't even want to think about something happening to Andy. We'd all starve!" Ivan said. "That kid can really cook!"