Chapter 13 - Bullet & Mara work it out.

Start from the beginning

"Come on. Let's gather up their clothes and deliver them so that we can go to your room. My room is nice but I want to see yours." Jasmine said. She didn't know how to tell him that she was ready to be with him but she wanted it more than anything in the world.

~~~~~~

As soon as they got back, Mara was there with the other women as they greeted their men. She couldn't help herself as she ran to Bullet. "Are you alright?" She asked as she stepped in front of him, her eyes checking for any injuries.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How are you?" Bullet asked. He wasn't sure what this mood was but he was liking it better than how she had been acting earlier.

"Can we go somewhere more private and talk, please?" Mara asked.

"Sure. Will you come to my room with me? I want to get rid of this vest. It's heavy. And I want to put my weapons away." Bullet said. Mara nodded and together they walked upstairs. As soon as they reached the top step, she took Vie's advice and slipped her hand into Bullet's and got a look of surprise from him at first but then he just grinned.

As soon as they were in his room, she ignored how much nicer and bigger it was than the room she had been staying in. As soon as they were inside and the door was closed, she noticed that he didn't lock it so that she wouldn't feel trapped.

"Bullet, first let me say that I'm sorry for being stand-offish earlier. I just feel so uncertain about where I stand right now and because of my cycle, my moods have been all over the place plus I'm just not sure what it is you want from me, Bullet. I know what I want but what do you want?" Mara said, pulling on her inner strength as she watched him remove his kevlar vest and put it on the chair.

Then he began to remove his weapons, locking his pistols in the gun safe by the bed and two knives in the drawer in the bedside table, then sat down on the edge of the bed to remove his boots. Then he stood up to face her, stepping forward until they were just a couple of feet from each other.

"I want you, Mara. I'm sorry that I didn't announce you as my lady that first morning. I should have but I've been feeling kind of uncertain if it's what you really want too. I mean, every time I've tried to put my arms around you, you jump and pull away. When I tried to kiss you on the cheek, you turned your face away like you didn't want me too.

I just don't know what you are thinking or what you want from me. If you are going to be my woman, I want to be able to hold you. I know we might not be able to be intimate yet but that doesn't mean we can't be affectionate, does it?" Bullet told her as he finally expressed his frustration.

"I'm sorry for the way I've been acting. This is all just so new to me. I feel so out of my element. I've never had anyone show me affection except my parents and they were rather reserved with physical affection. But I do want to be with you, Bullet. I want to be affectionate with you and so much more. I'm just not used to it. No one has ever treated me like that and I'm not sure how to respond. Please be patient with me. Can we please start over?" Mara asked.

"Can we? Will you let me hold you? Can I kiss you, Mara?" Bullet asked as he stepped to within a foot of her.

"I'd like that very much." Mara said as she took a deep breath and closed the distance between them then reached her hands out and put them on his chest.

Bullet could feel her shaking so he made sure to move slowly as he put his hands on her waist and pulled her to him as he slowly lowered his head, watching her face for any sign of fear or hesitation but when he saw none, he kissed her ever so slowly. He lightly brushed his lips over hers, testing to see how she would react.