Prologue

She was running through the dark halls, chased by an invisible enemy. She was panting, finding it hard to catch her breath. The demons were chasing her. Just like they did with all of her friends before they were slaughtered. Lost in thought, she suddenly rammed into a wall. Stunned, she saw that she had come to the end of the hall. She quickly dove into the room on the right. "Oh no," she groaned, "I'm right back where I started." She was in the altar room, the room where she and her comrades had summoned the demons in the first place. In front of her she met with a terrifying figure, dressed entirely in a black cloak. He looked at her and chuckled menacingly. "Your time is up witch" he growled.

* * * * * * * * *

He was waiting. He knew all the paths in the mansion. He controlled them. He knew where she was, and felt her panic. She was terrified of him. That thought gave him great pleasure. He manipulated the paths, drawing her towards him again. Secretly enjoying the hunt.

If the other demons knew what he was doing, what he was capable of... No, he would never let that happen. He would become an outcast among demons. They would hate and fear him, just like the humans.

He was afraid of the demons. He needed to prove himself. He twisted the halls one final time and heard a loud 'thud' right outside the door. The witch dove through the doors and saw him standing there. Before she could even scream, he grabbed her and proclaimed, "Your time is up witch."