CHAPTER EIGHT: the mind flayer.

"What's he doing now?" Lexi asked El, who responded by saying, that he's in his room

"What's he doing now?" Lexi asked El, who responded by saying, that he's in his room. "And that's not normal, right?" Nancy asked Max. "Billy staying in his room on the Fourth of July? No, that's not normal." Max shook her head. "He wants us to find him." Lexi realized. "Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"It's a trap, I agree. We'll be ambushed. We won't be surprised. We'll know that they're coming, and we will kick their flayed butts." Lucas stated. "You mean El will kick their butts." Max said and Lexi nodded. "It's too risky."

"Yeah, and unnecessary. Killing the flayed won't stop the Mind Flayer. We have to find out where
it's spreading from. We have to find the source." Lexi told them. "Billy knows it. Billy's been there. To the source." El said. "Yeah, but..."

"It's a trap. I know. We can't go to Billy, but I think there's another way. A way for me to see where he's been." 

El took a bandana and Lexi turned the tv to static. "El, I know you think you have to do this, but you don't. It's just, you've only done this before once. And your mom, she loved you, and wanted you to know what happened. And Billy's mind is... is sick, diseased. The Mind Flayer is in him."

"He can't hurt me. Not in there." She assured him. "We don't know that." He told her. "Mike. I need you to trust me." She placed her hand on top of his. "Yeah. Just... be careful."

El tied the bandana around her head and looked for Billy. After some time, she started to breathe deeply. "Something's wrong." Lexi stated. "El, are you okay? Are you okay?" Mike sat next to her. "I'm okay." She informed them. "What's going on?" Lexi asked her. "I'm... on a beach."

"Okay, I may be dense, but the last I checked, there weren't any beaches in Hawkins." Lucas furrowed his brows. "What else do you see?" Max asked her. "A woman. She's... pretty. I... I think she's looking at me. There's... a boy. It's Billy."

"It's California. It's a memory." Max stated. "I think I see it. The source. I think I found it. The source." El said. "Where, El? Where are you?" Lexi asked her. "Brimborn... Steelworks." Jonathan ran to the counter and picked up a book. "Here. Okay, uh, steelworks, steelworks... Uh... Here, steel. Uh... Found it. 6522 Cherry Oak Drive."

"That's close." Lexi said. "El, El, we found it. Get out of there. Get out." Mike told her, but she didn't. She stayed silent for a while, until she ripped the bandana off and cried. "No!" She shouted. "El, you're okay. It's... It's okay. El."

After she calmed down, she began to explain. "He said he was building something. That it was all for me." She told them. "Building something... Is he talking about the flayed?" 

"He must be." Lucas said. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Jonathan nodded. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread. He's building it to stop Eleven. Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off. Like, royally. And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way..." He starts. "Game over."

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you. And that he still wants to take revenge on Lexi." They looked at Lexi. "That's nice." They all stayed silent and Lexi noticed a weird sound coming out of the woods. "Do you guys hear that?" Nancy seemed to notice it too. "It's just the fireworks."

"Billy... When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Will touched the back of his neck. "He knows we're here." Lexi had an idea. "Come on." She told the two adults and took them to the shed. Nancy took their shotgun and Jonathan took an axe. Lexi looked under the table and her father didn't dissapoint her. He had another gun hidden there.

"Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy said as soon as they got back. Lexi put ammo in her gun and held it tight. "Where did you even get this?" Jonathan asked her. "I'm a cop's daughter, aren't I?" She said in a duh tone. 

"It's close." Will said. "Where'd it go? Holy shit." The mind flayer's tentacle shot through the walls and Jonathan attacked it with an axe. The tentacle threw Jonathan into a cabinet, so Nancy started shooting it. When she ran out of ammo, it made her back up into a wall and Lexi began shooting, but El started using her powers and cut off it's head. 

Another two tentacles came at her, but she stopped them with her powers. She then cutted it's heads and waited, what's gonna happen next. But without a warning, a bigger tentacle grabbed her ankle and pulled her up. Mike held her, while Nancy and Lexi put more ammo in their guns. 

"El! El! Pull!"

"Nancy, Lexi, shoot it!" Lexi was done with her gun and started shooting it. She did damage but not much. But she saw Lucas on a stool and handed him the axe. "Come on! Lucas!"

"Pull!"

Lucas then managed to chop the tentacle off and El fell into Mike's arms. He ripped the head of the tentacle out of El's leg. "El! El, you okay?"

They all ran to the car and started to get in. 

"Go, go, go!"

"Come on, come on, go!"

"Go!"

"Hurry up! Come on!"

"Everybody out!"

"Go!"

"Go, come on!"

"Go, go, go, go!"

"Come on!"

"Come on!"

"Come on! Come on!"

"Get in. Right here."

"Drive! Drive!"