CHAPTER ONE: Lexi's back

Lexi used to visit her dad every summer after her summer camp

Lexi used to visit her dad every summer after her summer camp. But after the events of July 24th 1984, her mom didn't let her go there. Mostly because she was still in the hospital.

Her mom blamed Lexi's lifestyle for what happened to her, so one night, she changed her whole closet. She even wanted to exchange her heart necklace for a one with a cross. But Lexi denied and it eventually worked.

Since her mother promised her, that she'll go to high school in Hawkins, she was moving to her fathers house this summer. Lexi knew, that her mother wanted to cancel that, but since they already arranged everything, there was no going back.

So she put on one of her skirts, that she loved the most out of all of them. Even though it was hard for her in the beggining, she started liking skirts. But let's be real, when she gets to Hawkins, she's buying some jeans and throwing the skirts away. 

Her dad, of course knew about that accident. Accident. That's what the police called it. But Lexi knew, that there were more secrets to that story.She knew about the shadow, but she had no idea, what 'the shadow' is. The only thing she knew was, that it got too close to Josh, which probably lead to his death.

Sure, it was Lexi who did it, but she blamed the stupid shadow. If it hasn't done anything with Josh, she wouldn't be in an airplane now, but preparing for summer camp.

She was excited to live with her dad and her new sister, who he told Lexi everything about her. But still, she would much rather be in the camp, cuddling with Max.. No. No Max. Forget about her, Lexi. Just like she forgot about you. She didn't call you since she moved, so forget about her.

Ever since the accident, Lexi's mother changed everything about her. She even made her stop calling and being friends with the party. Lexi made a promise to herself to try and visit Mike's house, because they'll most probably be there.

"Honey, do you have everything you'll need?" Her mom asked her as she started putting her bags in the truck. "I think so, yeah." Her mother nodded and they got in the car. 

She drove them to the airport, since it would take 12 hours with car to Indiana. Diane hugged her daughter and kissed the crown of her head as she knew that she'll see her probably on Christmas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flight wasn't really long, so Lexi wasn't really tired. It only took like an hour and a half. Lexi collected all her belongings and searched for her dad, who was supposted to come and pick her up.

When she saw him, she grinned and ran to hug him. She frowned when she saw, that there wasn't anyone next to him. "Where's Jane? I wanted to meet her." Hopper chuckled. "Don't worry, she's waiting home."

Hopper drove them home and when he opened the door, there was a brown haired girl, waiting for them. Lexi grinned. "Hey El, this is my daughter Lexi, Lexi, this is your new sister Jane, but we call her El."

El smiled at her, but Lexi stepped forward and hugged the girl. This took El off guard, but she soon hugged her back. Hopper told Lexi, that he was Jane's godfather and her  parents died, but she didn't really believe him.

Lexi settled in the room she shared with El and since she had nothing better to do, she sat down on El's bed and decided to ask the question, that was stuck in her head for a few hours. "Why do you have a tattoo on your wrist?"

El looked shocked as she pulled her sleeve down and tried to cover it. "I know you're trying to cover it, but i'm an observer." El looked back at her. "Why do you have a scar on your hand?" She shot back and Lexi looked down. 

"Alright, here's the deal. You tell me why you have the tattoo and i tell you, why i have that scar." El considered and eventually agreed. She explained how she was captured in the lab and mentioned some monsters from another dymention and as promised, Lexi told her what happened to her on July 24th 1984.

And then it it her, she saw something black, that came out of Joshs body. She saw it with the corner of her eye. She thought she was crazy. "Wait a moment, I need to talk to dad." El nodded and Lexi left.

"Hey dad?" He hummed in response. "I need to talk to you about something." He turned the volume on the tv down. "Sure, what's up?" She sat down next to him. "Uhm, I just talked to El and i think there's something you should know." 

He nodded. "Uhm, you remember what happened in '84, right? Well, El asked me about the scar and I asked her about the tattoo." He tensed at the mention of what his two daughters have been through.

"And she told me about some experiments and i told her about the camp, but she told me something about some monsters, from another world. And I think I saw one." He had a worried and confused expression on his face. 

"When I, uhm... When I killed Josh, I though I saw something black leaving his body and I thought I was just crazy, because of the blood loss and because of everything, that happened that night, but I'm not really sure of that now. So, I think It's time for you to tell me, what really happened in Hawkins."

Hopper let out  a big sigh. "I never wanted to tell you this and put you in risk, but it's inevitable, isn't it?" She nodded and he began tell the story of what has been going on in Hawkins from MK Ultra to last fall.