Chapter 13- Family comes around

Ninad, Mohit and Omi are surprised to see the doctor in front of them. Omi didn't notice the face carefully but he was irritated thinking that this hospital's best Cardio Thoracic surgeon is a young pregnant girl. But he was shocked his life when Mohit literally shouted "Sai Bahini". The Chavan family was shocked to see her but she was prepared for the moment. She recognized Bhabani when she went to treat her, so she knew that she had to face the whole family. She was bracing herself to hear rude words from them but when Mohit smiled seeing her she also smiled back.

Ninad looked towards her baby bump and asked "How is Virat?" Sai smiled politely and said "Virat is fine. But he misses all of you and home often." Ninad sadly smiled and asked "How are you doing? Isn't it difficult to handle this demanding job and home in this situation?" Sai's face brighten up witnessing Ninad worry for her. She also understands that Ninad wants to know about her baby but hesitates so she says "I am fine Baba. I am in my 2nd thermistor. The baby is doing well. No, I don't have any problem handling all these as Virat supports me a lot and never lets me face anything alone. Here also my colleagues take care of me."

Then they went to discuss the upcoming operation. As per mutual discussion, they decided mutually. The operation was successful. When a tied Sai after the long operation entered her cabin she saw her husband present there with a box full of her now favorite food. She informed him about Kaku's operation. So she thought that he had come here to get information regarding her health and started to tell her condition. But her husband stopped her and said "I come here to take care of my pregnant wife who performed a long surgery today and is extremely tiered. I would have also come if there was any other patient. So sit and have your food. Till then let me give you a shoulder and foot massage." Sai smiled and said, "I am really lucky to have you as my husband."

Ninad and Omi who were coming to meet Sai to thank her for the successful surgery listened to this and went back without meeting the couple. Ninad used to miss his son a lot. He never could forget those words Virat told him 8 years ago before leaving Chavan Nivas. He felt guilty about why he never ever stopped Ashwini from meeting them. Now seeing his pregnant daughter-in-law after years brings a fatherly affection and guilt in him.

He went to Ashwini and with a folded hand said "Thank you Ashwini for raising our son as a good man. You are a marvelous mother and you taught your son to respect women and look after his wife by caring about her needs, supporting her in every situation, fulfilling her dream, protecting her honor and shouldering her responsibilities. I am neither a good husband nor a good father if you can forgive me." Ashwini knew that Ninad was repenting so she said "I forgave you long before Ninad when I realized that you were repenting and were trying to make things right in home, when you fought with Bahini to let me go out of home whenever I want, to give me freedom. Now it's time you met our children and our would-be grandchild."

Ninad asked, "Will they forgive me and accept me?" Ashwini smiled "Virat is angry with you but still he misses you. But I know Sai will make him agree she is a very good girl." Ninad smiled "That I know now, she will spread happiness in the life of the people surrounding her."

Soon Nina asked forgiveness from both his children. As expected Sai happily accepted him in their life. but at first, Virat was not ready to forgive his father. but later with the influence of his mother and wife he finally understood his father's regret, repented, and accepted him wholeheartedly. 

Mohit and Karishma also come to meet Sai and ask forgiveness from her as they did go against Bhabani Kaku's order and support her though she was right all these years ago.

When Bhabani becomes a little better her friends from society come to meet her. One of them was Sai's neighbor and when she came to know that Sai was Bhabani's doctor she praised her a lot. "Sai is not only a good doctor she is a very good human being. She stays near my house and stands for everyone in the neighborhood. She sings and dances well, and she and her husband help everyone. They are the light of our area and we all are proud of them." Bhabani also notices how all the hospital staff respect and love Sai. She started to question her judgement regarding Sai and Virat.