Animals aren't hunted to extinction, and the environment becomes better, for both humans, plants, and animals.

'Sometimes I wonder if the apocalypse is really that bad.' Bad thought, taking a deep breath. Skeppy was also having a moment of thinking. But he wasn't focusing on the bright side. He was one of the people who see an apocalypse as nothing but destruction and death.

Ruined cities, abandoned buildings, dead people, and the undead. 

He hated it. He'd hated it since the beginning, and would hate it until the end. Sure, he loved nature, but he hated the cost of it's restoration. 

He'd had friends and family die to this whole thing, he'd seen people torn to bits, he'd seen them slowly turn into the monsters they fought. Most offed themselves before they could hurt anyone, but still, it was a terrible fate.

"Skeppy, can we talk?" Bad asked, sitting down among the wildflowers on the side of the old path. 

The diamond hybrid snapped out of his brooding with a start. He made a sharp inhaling noise and then relaxed, nodding. They could sit down out here, since he doubted that many zombies would be out here to get them anyways.

"Sure," Skeppy walked over and sat a few feet away from Bad, pretending to be overly interested in a buttercup near his shoe. "What'dya need?"

Bad took a deep breath, steeling himself. "We need to fix our relationship." He said, before realizing his words, "Or at least, learn to get along." He amended, rubbing the back of his neck.

Skeppy had a rather dead-inside look on his face when Bad said that. "Why?" He asked monotonously. 

"Well... we can't survive if we can't work together. We won't find the others, either." Bad reminded his comrade.

Skeppy nodded slowly, understanding where Bad was coming from. He just didn't like Bad. "Maybe we should split. I think we might get farther if we aren't anywhere near eachother-"

"No! Skeppy I know you enough that I can smell your plan from a mile away." Bad looked at the ground, hurt. "I know you want to leave me, I know better than anyone how much you hate me, but we have to work together on this one, okay?"

"I know I'm just a burden to you, but just please try. Just until we find the others. Then we can go back to hating eachother, okay?" Bad looked desperate. 

He wanted this chance desperately. He knew that if Skeppy would give him a chance, he could fix this. He could fix their friendship.

Skeppy was quiet for a moment, then nodded. "Fine. Just don't get too used to it." The diamond hybrid grumbled, although his words sounded a bit grey and dull of emotions.

.

.

.

.

It was dark out now. The sun was approaching the horizon but it was mostly hidden behind the dense clouds that blanketed the evening sky.

Bad and Skeppy both kept at a distance, the white hot tension between them too uncomfortable for them to civily engage in any sort of interaction.

Bad watched the clouds above them quietly. The breeze was gentle, and the air smelled of rain. 

"Hey, uh... it's gonna rain soon." 

Bad pointed out, looking at the diamond hybrid next to him. 

Skeppy took a deep inhale of the rain-scented night air, then looked to the sky. The clouds were even more dense than before, and Bad had only looked away for a moment.