[009] the world against courtney

Start from the beginning

                            "This is taking forever! And my feet are killing me! What if there's nothing here and we're wasting all our time for nothing?" Courtney began to complain.

                            Van whirled around, glaring at the blonde in irritation. "Can you stop complaining?"

                            "Eat me, Vanessa," Courtney immediately retorts.

                            Van scoffs at the use of her full name before she keeps walking ahead.

                            "Besides, I have every fucking right to complain. I should be in a hotel and sneaking champagne into my room so I could get mildly tipsy after winning nationals, not stranded in the middle of the woods because our fucking plane crashed," Courtney continued.

                            "We'll be able to sit down now," Suki remarked.

                            Courtney raised a brow. "And how do you possibly know that?"

                            "Guys, it's here. It's here!" Shauna exclaimed before running ahead.

                            Courtney briefly looks over at Suki in amazement before she rushed ahead along with the others towards the cabin. Everyone followed after Shauna towards the cabin which looked old and decrepit. Like no living, intelligent species had been in there since God was a little boy. Courtney was feeling even more hopeless than before.

                            "Well, you're not exactly gonna see this on the cover of Cabins Digest, but it's something," Courtney remarked. 

                            "I don't see anybody," Akilah declared shortly after.

                            The other girls started banging on the front door and shouted for help to hopefully get the attention of whoever was inside. Suki, however, stood off to the side and stared up at the cabin. The ringing in her ears had begun to get worse. The cabin felt familiar to Suki for a reason, although she couldn't place it just yet.

                            Quickly, it became obvious from the lack of response that followed that they were alone in the woods. But they did manage to get the door opened and they all filed inside to see what they could find. If no one was there, they could scavenge for things to keep and survive off.

                            Lottie lingered behind with Suki, glancing over at her with a frown. "You feel it too, don't you?"

                            "Feel what?"

                            "It."

                            Suki nods. "Yeah, I... I guess I do."

                            Reluctantly, Lottie walks inside and that's when Suki realizes exactly why the cabin felt so familiar to her. She had dreamed about this very cabin. The realization was followed by horror. It looked exactly the same as it had in her dream and it made Suki wonder what the fuck was going on.

                            And what did it all mean?

                            "Maybe they just went on a hike?" Akilah suggested as Suki practically forced herself inside, exploring the inside.

                            "Yeah, like a decade ago," Jackie scoffed. "It reeks in here."

                            "Maybe he's dead," Courtney morbidly suggests.