Prologue

"Can't you do anything right" my step dad yells as he slaps me. I had just come back from making my step dad tea. "I'm not bloody American I don't drink ice tea" he says as he continues to punish me. I wouldn't be in this mess if my mom wasn't so attracted to white men with posh British accents. Once upon a time me and my mom lived an average life in an average house with an average neighborhood. My mom had gotten pregnant with me when she was in high school. She told her dad it was rape because she still wanted to be daddies little girl. So my dad was sent to prison before I was even born. Our life got completely turned around when my mom became my step dads assistant. After a couple months he proposed to my mom and we moved to London to be closer to his law firms headquarters. At first he was nice to me but that all changed when the wedding was over. After a couple weeks it was clear that my step dad was nothing but an old drunk. He started to get drunk almost every night and would beat me. Me being the weak ten year old girl I was I didn't have the courage or strength to fight back. I would wind up with a few broken ribs here and a nasty black eye there. After a while I got used to it. The worst thing was that he would justify his actions with the stupidest things just to get my mom on his side. After about an hour my step dad sits down and looks down at me. Today was one of those days that I was sure that he broke some bone somewhere in my body. "You know what I'm done looking at you. Get out of my house" he yells as he kicks me one last time. After a few minutes of me trying to get to my feet. I finally stand up and walk out the front door. As I stumbled into the alleyway next to our house it starts to rain. "That's just great " I say as I sink to my knees and start to cry. I cry for what feels like hours until I notice the steady fall of water stops. I look up to find that a bald man with black glasses is holding an umbrella over me. " Why are you crying" the strange man asks as he crouched down to my Height. I just blink at him not quite understanding why this man was being nice. "That's alright you don't have to tell me but a name might be nice" he says as he closes the umbrella since the raining has stopped. I wait a few seconds before answering "Misty, Misty Jones". "Well Misty Jones lets get you into some dry cloths" the man says as he lifts me off the ground and into his arms as he heads towards a taxi. "Who are you" I ask looking at the man. " my names Merlin he answers as he smiles a little.

Hey guys tell me what you think so far! I thought I should give you an Idea of what Misty looks like. So I'm making Misty a mixed girl so she as tan skin with hazel eyes and light brown hair with blond strands here and there. I hope you guys enjoy the story!😘