Prologue

*Hello guys:) Much thanks for reading a new one! I'm doing this 'cause the other one seemed pretty random to me so I'm rewriting! Hopefully you'll like it

Little contest things for a chapter dedication starts in the next chapter*

"Where are we going now?"

 "Good question. You always have good questions."

 "So, you don't know."

 "Haven't got the foggiest. It's better for it to be a surprise."

 "Oh, wonderful."

 "Isn't it?"

 "What if we end up on some planet with, lets say, bloodthirsty aliens that want to kill us the moment they see us?"

 "Well, uhh, we run - run as fast as we can."

 "Great plan."

 "Oh, it's brilliant."

I laughed a little at the way he answered and sat back comfortably as I watched him run around the console pressing buttons, turning knobs, and flicking switches. I looked him over looking at his tweed jacket, the bow-tie he likes so much, his collared shirt, his dark pants, and ratty-looking shoes; his wild brown hair and twinkling brown eyes. I grinned widely when I thought about when I first met him. It was late at night and I woke up because of a strange noise. I got up to go to my parents and spotted him outside, in my yard. He looked disoriented and confused so I let him in for a while. We sat and talked for the whole night. He talked about things I thought were impossible, but looking into his eyes I could see he was telling the truth. We talked for hours about his journeys and what he was planning to do in the future until he noticed how tired I looked and decided it was time for him to leave.

"She's probably rested and ready to go by now," he had said while rising from the table. I didn't know who 'she' was, but I didn't ask. As he was leaving, I begged him to take me with him so I could see the wonderful things he had talked about. He said I was too young, but made me a promise. He promised that, when I was older, he would come back for me and show me the universe; he promised he would bring me to all the places he's been to and bring me to new places he had yet to discover.

I let him go and waited five long years for him to come back. I would think back to his words - to his promise - and wait every night for him to come back, my ears picking up the smallest sounds hoping to hear that sound I heard the night I met him. Finally, one afternoon, I heard the noise. I recognized it right away. I ran to the window quickly to see him waiting for me outside. I ran out as fast as I could, all ready to leave. He had smiled so warmly, eyes twinkling in the afternoon light. "All ready to go then?" he had asked with a small laugh. My answer was throwing my arms around his neck in a big hug.

Thinking of the first time stepping into the ship and seeing how massive it was inside made my smile grow bigger until my cheeks hurt. The noises of the ship, the TARDIS, filled the air as he looked at me with a smile telling me we were off. He doesn't really have a name; sometimes he would say his name is John Smith, but he is best known as the Doctor.