“I’m sure it’s not that bad, let me see it.”

“Captain, please don’t burn the sails.” Chaylah said, before giving the News paper.

“CHAYLAH DON’T—”

"She has to know."

Xuri took the News paper from Chaylah’s hands and flipped throughout the pages. She frozed as she stared at a page. Hoshiko whi was standing behind her had her hands over her mouth as she gasped in Horror.

“…What…? This can’t be…!? I warned Pops..! Couldn’t they stop him?!?” Xuri gripped the New Paper tighter, trembling as she did so. Her crew looked at her in sorrow mixed with concern.

“…WHY?!…WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE YOU?!…ACE!!” Tears were threatening to spill as she gripped the news paper tighter before white flames engulfed the paper as it burned into ashes.

Xuri’s hair turned into flames, as more flames appeared all over her body. The White flames grew bigger and brighter as rage filled her entire body.

“FUCK THE WARLORD TITLE AND THE GOVERNMENT!! I’M GETTING ACE BACK, NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS!!” She yelled.

After a few minutes the white flames died down as Xuri let out a loud exhale. “Leave me alone for a while.” She said before going to her room in silence.

The crew’s eyes followed her figure going into her room and shutting the door. They all felt sad for her, knowing that this situation would take a toll on her.

“Poor captain…this must be really hard for her, being a childhood friend of Ace..” Hoshiko said, frowning.

“Mhm…I’ll bake some sweets for her. It might make her mood a little bit better.” Chaylah said before going to the kitchen.

“I’ll replace some sails, it seems like she couldn’t avoid getting it burnt…Ah, Right! I’m done making those fireproof sails! I hope she’ll love it.” Risa said.

“I’m sure she will! I’ll help you put them up.” Valerie replied.

“I’ll play her favourite song later! I hope it lightens up her mood.” Alcirah said practicing the tune on her flute.

Everyone got to work, thinking of ways of how they could bring their captain’s frown upside down, even if it’s for a second.

Meanwhile…

Xuri was on her bed, staring blankly at the burning Vivre card and the red-beaded bracelet he gave her. She felt empty. One of the most important people to her is now in Impel Down, she failed to save someone…again.

The question ‘Why?’ Repeated inside her head like a broken record. Xuri covered her eyes with her hand as she let out a deep exhale.

Xuri sensed someone in her room, “Go away. I’m not in the mood.”

“I’m just here to inform you that Straw Hat is in Amazon Lily. I also came to say my last goodbye.” Xuri shot up in her bed with wide eyes, staring at the familiar figure.

“A…are you really agreeing to it..?” Xuri asked, the figure silently nodded at her. Xuri jumped on him and gave him a big tight hug.

“I’ll respect your decision, it’s probably too late anyway… Thank you for being one of my trusted friends, Kuma.” Kuma smiles, reciprocating the hug before patting her head.

“I thank you too, Xuri.” Kuma said, giving one last pat on her head as Bartholomew Kuma, before disappearing.

A knock from the door was heard. “Come in..” Xuri said. The door opened, revealing Chaylah with a tray of sweets and tea. Behind her was her sister, Alcirah who’s holding her flute with a smile.

Chaylah set the tray down on the table near her bed as the rest of the crew came in. Some sat on her bed, some on the chairs.

Alcirah played a familiar tune that Xuri loves to hear that she would often request her to play. Her crew started to sing loudly which surprised her.

YOHOHOHO, YOHOHOHO!
YOHOHOHO, YOHOHOHO!
YOHOHOHO, YOHOHOHO!
YOHOHOHO, YOHOHOHO!

Gather up all the crew!
It’s time to ship out bink’s brew!
Sea wind blows. To where? Who knows?
The waves will be our guide!
O’er across the ocean’s tide
Rays of sunshine far and wide
Birds they sing of cheerful things, in circles passing by! …

The feeling of nostalgia washed over Xuri everytime she hears the song play. ‘Bink’s Sake…’ Xuri cracked a smile before joining her friends in singing the song.

The crew cheered in success, being able to accomplish the Operation ‘Make Xuri smile’ mission.

——— ♡ ———

I have exams next week 😿