~ pretty little lies ~

Start from the beginning

Farjaad snaked an arm around Umeed's waist, brining her closer. She was now pressed against his chest. The shirt squeezed between them. Their heartbeats grew faster as they looked at each other with even more desire than that night. Umeed felt herself tiptoeing as Farjaad leaned down at the same time. 

Beep Beep Beep

They both jumped at the sound of the phone interrupting the moment. Umeed stepped away, picking out the black dress shirt with a pair of khaki pants and shoving them in his arms before rushing towards the phone. 

"Umeed kahan ho tum log? Kitna time lagao gay aur?"

"Haan bas 10 minute mein puhanch jayein gay."

Farjaad laughed to himself as she repeated his lie, before walking off to get dressed. 

~

"Aap donon aaj idhar hi ruk jayein?"

Sameer had asked with a lot of hope at the conclusion of dinner. He wanted to spend more time with his sister, and Farjaad had really become his older brother over the course of the past few months. He wanted to cherish the time he had with them all. 

"Sameer, subah Farjaad ko daftar bhi jana hota hai. Wo donon phir aa jayein gay kisi din."

Farjaad turned to look at Umeed and saw her face fall slightly at Pasha sahab's statement. He knew how upset she was about Sameer leaving. 

"Uhh Pasha uncle, it's fine. Hum aaj idhar hi ruk jatay hein. Mein office mein inform kar doon ga ke mein thora late aaon ga. Masla nahi hai."

He said with the same polite smile that everyone in Pasha house had grown to adore too much. The three cousins cheered at his suggestion. Soon the elders went up to sleep and the four kids were in the living room, watching a movie. 

Haya had arranged floor cushions in front of the TV and Sameer decided to watch a horror movie. Umeed was snuggled deeply into Farjaad's chest, hiding her face into his body every time a scare-scene came on. 

Maybe staying bad really wasn't a bad idea

Farjaad thought to himself as he wrapped his arms tighter around her petite body. Midway, all four of them decided that they had had enough of the movie, and they shifted to their favourite part of the house - the table in the backyard. 

By this point Farjaad had essentially zoned out on Umeed's lap, his legs falling off the bench. Umeed had asked him multiple times to go to the bed, but he kept refusing. 

He was loving the feeling of Umeed running her hands through his hair while simultaneously narrating stories of their childhood to Sameer and Haya. He felt strangely at home. He knew he would be tired and cranky throughout work tomorrow, but he couldn't bring himself to care. He had found a home at Pasha house, and he wanted to cherish it as much as he could. 

"Umeed?"

"Haan?"

"Tum mujhe abhi bhi blame karti ho sab ke liye?"

Sameer had asked after some time. The three of them thought Farjaad had dozed off to sleep. 

Umeed placed her hand on top of Sameer's. 

"Mein tumhein us cheez ke liye kesay blame kar sakti hoon jis mein tumhari ghalti hi nahi thi?"

"Haan par, pehle tum mujh se naraaz thi na"

Umeed smiled at her brother, lightly patting his cheek. 

"Mein tum se naraaz nahi thi Sameer, Pasha sahab se thi, shayad qismat se thi. Tum to bas na chahtay hue raastay mein aa gaye."