~ pretty little lies ~

Start from the beginning

"Acha, I promise na. 10 minute. Pakka"

"Jee, dekhtay hein."

"Mein shower lenay ja raha hoon, mere kapray nikaal do, please."

"Konsay pehnein gay?"

"Apni marzi ke koi se bhi nikaal do."

He screamed from the bathroom. Umeed made her way towards his wardrobe, scanning through the entire collection of dress shirts and blazers. This man could very well be running a clothing store of his own. 

As she leaned forward to take out a black dress shirt from the back of the cupboard, her eyes landed on something hung right at the end. She gasped a little as she took it out, completely forgetting about what she had actually come to do. 

Taking out the white dress shirt, her hand grazed the stain of the ubtan on the right side as she smiled. Her mind going back to the night of Haya's mayun and her dropping the ubtan on him. She couldn't believe he had still kept it, secured right at the back of his closet. 

"Umeed, kapray kahan rakhay hein?"

She heard him say from the room, snapping her out of her thoughts. He walked over to where she was standing, a towel wrapped around his waist and water droplets making their way down his toned chest. Umeed couldn't help but stare with her mouth agape. 

Seriously, how was he so beautiful?

He was now standing right in front of her snapping his fingers to bring her out of her daydream. 

"Aap hi ka shohar hoon, madam. Baad mein dekh lejiye ga. Kapray?"

"Uh wo, haan -"

Umeed looked at him then at the white shirt in her hands. Farjaad's eyes followed her as they fell on the shirt too, a sheepish smile making it's way up his face. 

"Ye ... kahan se mili?"

"Waheen se jahan aap ne rakhi hui thi sambhaal ke."

Umeed smirked slighty as Farjaad scratched the back of his head. 

"Yaadgar shirt thi, aisay kesay phenk deta."

"Yaadgar to waqaye hai, par jitnay aap ghussay mein us din thay, mera to khyaal tha aap aag laga chukay hon gay."

She chuckled. Farjaad stood up straighter as his lips curved into a small smile.

"Sirf ghussa to nahi tha"

She narrowed her eyes. 

"Kya matlab? Aur kya tha."

He took a step towards her, removing the strands of hair from her face. 

"Aik buhat khoobsurat larki ko dil bhar ke na dekhnay ka dukh, aur..."

Umeed's big eyes kept staring up at him as his own eyes finally met hers. 

"Aur?"

"Aur us ke itna qareeb ho kar bhi us ko na chu paanay ki hasrat."

Umeed felt blood rush up to her cheeks as she remembered the heated moment in the bathroom when he was wiping away the ubtan. As they both looked at each other, their minds drifted back to the meeting of their eyes that night - full of desire, of unspoken ideas and silent acceptance. 

They had both wondered that day what could've happened if they weren't where they were. Would Farjaad have simply walked out of the bathroom had he known that Umeed was burning with the same desire? Perhaps not.