Meeting

Maya's POV

Riley, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, Smakle, And I are all hanging out at Topanga's Cafe while Mom and Topanga work Mr.Matthew and Shawn are talking in the corner. 

"Maya, when Dad gave us the forgiveness project this time you actually wrote a letter with no resistance why? who did you write to?" Riley asked looking at me curiously.

"yeah, I was wondering the same thing you're never as focused on any assignments as you were in that letter." Zay asked confused.

"All I'll say is I wrote to someone who could help me with my mom" I responded with a half-truth. Then as if he'd been summoned he walked right in with his wife right beside him. When Mom saw him she dropped the plate she was carrying on the ground making everyone look at her but she was only looking at him shocked that he actually showed up and with this woman.

I quickly grabbed Riley's hand and squeezed as I watched Shawn ask her if she was okay. Stacee just looked at her and took his sunglasses off.

"Hi Katie," he spoke softly.

"Hi, Stacee." She greeted back shooting a glance at me and then back to him. "What are you doing here?"

Stacee pulls the little red envelope out of his leather jacket. "I was asked to meet in this cafe"

Everyone, and I mean everyone Mom, Shawn, Mr. Matthews, Topanga, and all of my friends looked at me. Then my mom spoke again. "Yeah, she told me she wrote to you although I wasn't expecting you to actually get the letter or show up for that matter."

Stacee looked down at the letter and then back at Mom "So it is true then? I have a daughter that you didn't tell me about?"

Mom looked at me again but this time Stacee's wife followed her gaze and turned to look at me with wide eyes grabbing Stacee's arm "Stacee." she said getting his attention. he turned and looked at her then followed her gaze and his eyes also found me and looked between me and mom.

"You're Maya?" Constance asked stepping towards me carefully like I might get spooked and bolt out of the cafe, although I probably look like I might.

Nodding my head slightly "You're Constance right?"

She smiles at me "Yeah I am it's so nice to meet you."

I smile back slightly and look back at my father "Hi I'm Maya, your daughter."

My friends all looked at me confused and shocked and all crowded behind me as Stacee finally spoke to me for the first time holding up the red envelope. "Hi, Maya. So you sent this huh?"

"Yeah," I said not really knowing what to say this was different from when I wrote to Kermit. Kermit knew who I was and why I sent him the letter. But all Stacee knew was that a complete stranger sent him a letter claiming to be his daughter. Honestly, I didn't think he would show up either.

Stacee nods his head and gestures to the door. "Wanna talk outside?" he asked me softly. I nodded my head and we went out to the front and sat at one of the tables. I could already feel everyone looking at us through the window and I looked to see- sure enough everyone except Mom and Constance watching us through whatever window they could find. I looked back at Stacee and saw him also looking at the windows amused.

"This is about as much privacy we'll be getting," I told him when he looked back at me.

"that's ok it just shows how much they care," he said and I nodded in agreement.

"So you actually came." I said not knowing how to start this conversation.

"I did. As soon as I read your letter I had my manager book us a flight." he told me looking pretty nervous.