Finding Out

*A week after Maya sent the letter*

Stacce's POV

I woke up and rolled over expecting to see my wife Connie lying next to me but she wasn't there. I got up and smelt food being made and looked at the time realizing I slept in longer than usual. I make my way to the bathroom for a shower.

once I'm out of the shower I get dressed and walk out into the kitchen kissing Connie's cheek then hear a know at the door. "I got it," I say as she goes to get the door. when I open the door I see my manager Kelly standing there with a duffle bag and a red envelope in her hand

"Hey come on in, more fan mail?" I ask stepping out of the way so she can come inside. Once she's inside I shut the door and follow her to the kitchen where she puts the bag on the table and hugs Connie. 

"When is there not more fan mail? I know you usually pick it up at the office but I figured I'd bring it by with this," she said holding up the red envelope. "remember when you hired me as your manager you told me that if any mail from a Katie Hart came in to bring it to you immediately?"

"She sent me mail?" I asked reaching out my hand for the letter.

"Not exactly It's not from a Katie Hart but from a Maya Hart and believe me I know that different people can have the same last name but I thought I'd bring it by just in case," she said handing it over. 

Connie came and stood beside me while I opened it to find a handwritten letter.

Dear Stacee Jaxx,

You don't know me. But you do know my mom Katie Hart. You two had a whirlwind romance 18 years ago. She left about 17 years ago while she was pregnant with me. I know you probably get letters telling you that you have a kid all the time. But in this case, it's true. I have known you're my father for a few years but I never reached out because when I look up your name all I see are pictures of you and your wife smiling and happy and I don't want to ruin that. Especially after what Mom told me about how you used to be. But in school, we are doing this thing called The Forgiveness Project again. The Forgiveness Project is where we write a letter to someone and try to forgive them for whatever they did to us. Honestly, it's the last thing I want to do after the last time I wrote to my ex-stepdad and tried to forgive him for walking out on us. But this time I'm doing it a little differently. I know I have nothing to forgive you for, you've done nothing wrong. But I have come to realize that since mom told me the truth about you I have been holding onto this resentment towards her, and I would like to let go of all of it. But to do that I need both sides of the story. So I would really appreciate it if you would meet me in New York City at Topanga's Cafe I'm there every day.

       Your daughter,
                            Maya Hart

I was shocked. I set the letter on the table and put my head in my hands rubbing my face trying to make sense of what I just read. I felt Connie reach over and grab the letter from the table while asking what was wrong. She read the letter and set it back on the table before asking "Do you think it's true Stac?"

"I don't know. It sounds believable and I need to know. I have to go to New York and find out." I say looking up at her and wait for her response. She nods her head "okay then we'll head out this afternoon." 

I stand and kiss her "Thank you for understanding" I look over at Kelly "Thank you for bringing me that letter can you arrange for a plane of this afternoon to NYC and a car to pick us up at the airport?"

Kelly looks at me like I've grown another head and I begin to fear that I'm asking for too much with too little time. "Staccee who do you think I am....of course I can give me three minutes and it's done." She says as she walks into the living room typing away at her phone.

Connie goes to make me a plate of the food she made and hands it to me before making herself and Kelly a plate and sitting down to eat. "Thanks, baby."

"You're welcome." She responds as Kelly walks back in and sits in the spot where Connie puts a plate of food for her and starts eating.

"Constance you are a Gem thank you so much. And Stacee it's done the plane leaves at 3:00 and the car will be outside when you get there and I already booked your hotel."

"Thank you, Kelly. I better get packing then." I thank her before getting up cleaning my plate and heading to the bedroom to pack both mine and Connie's bags.

Once I'm done with the packing I take the bags putting them in the car and head back inside checking the time and seeing that it's already noon.

"Connie we need to go." I tell her when I see her coming down the stairs grabbing her shoes. When her shoes are on she heads out the door and I follow after making sure to lock up the house. I open the car door for her and then hop in after her telling the driver to take us to the airport.

We ended up skipping security and made it in time for boarding. We got seated with no one recognizing us and sat waiting for take off. once we were in the air I ended up dozing off and the next thing I knew Connie was waking me up saying we had arrived. We got off the plane, got our bags, and headed out to the town car that was waiting to take us to the hotel. once we got checked into the hotel and went up and went to bed.