Chapter 5

~Seraphina~ 

~Three Days Later~ 

Lilith's gardens and backyard were slowly transforming into what would be our wedding. There were chairs, a wedding arch that she was slowly adding flowers to with all the help of Parvati. The little girl was the most excited about the wedding.

It was only a few days away. It was like the moment we had come up from that basement everything had sprung back into motion. The wedding. The plans of our higher power. Thankfully today was going to be slower than the last few.

It was just after breakfast and mother had insisted all of the women come out to the back deck for tea. It was warm. The sky cloudless and blue. The air was fresh and I soaked up as much as I could before I yawned.

I hadn't been getting much sleep. Mostly from my mind racing...wondering about Zaniel. I missed him so much that my heart hurt from it and I felt Ill. You can't force him to come around, Sera. He went through something traumatic. He's a man. Give him time and space. That's what mother had told me when I had tried to confide in her.

So it would be. I stifled another yawn before clearing my throat. "Thank you for the tea. May I be excused, mother? I would like to have a nap."

She'd been talking quietly with Lilith. Deli looked bored and Parv was playing with her dolls and singing quietly. All I got from her was a waive of her hand. "Of course, dear. I'll see you when it's time to go for the dress fittings."

With that I bowed and walked off across the patio. The air inside was nice and cool as I made my way through the mansion, only running into a maid or the people that were getting things ready for the wedding. I was almost to my room when Delphyne appeared in front of me out of nowhere. I almost had a mini stroke. My heart was beating wildly as my hand went to my chest.

"Hey...Sorry-you probably won't get used to that for a long time. Anyway, I know I haven't been around in a few days so I just wanted to see how you were doing?"

My heart started to calm and I suddenly felt bad. I'd been meaning to speak with her but with everything I had been so busy...and my mind just wasn't in the right place. "It's okay. I should have sought you out. After all, I do owe you a great deal for helping me. Thank you." I bowed...it's just what we did.

I was a little surprised when Deli stepped forward and pulled me into a hug. She was very strong for such a feminine beauty. "You're my family now, Sera. I will always have your back. Zaniel needs something so beautiful and kind in his life. He loves you."

Her words made my breath catch and it was hard to get some air in for a second. She pulled away first and smiled. I didn't like that I wanted to cry just then. "Get some rest. We'll have a blast shopping later." I managed to nod and smile back before she walked off and disappeared down the hallway. That was grounds for me to slip quietly into the little suite I had been staying in since my arrival.

The curtains were drawn, letting in no sunlight, and the light from the bathroom shined into the bedroom, casting a yellow strip across the floor and some of the bed. It was a good setting. Perfect for a nap. I went straight to the bed and was determined to get comfortable and under the covers. The only downfall to the poor lighting was that I hadn't noticed the male demon in the corner chair.

The thin straps to my dress were down my arms and my breast were nearly out when he spoke. "Hey..." Zaniel was sitting there, slouched, a small glass of something dark in a glass. "What was my sister bothering you with?"

I didn't move a muscle as I let my eyes adjust to the darkness. I held my dress against my chest and really got a look at him. He was so handsome and large sitting there. Why was his shirt unbuttoned? Exposing his chest. Why were his pants fitted so perfectly?