Dekhon tujhe yara jitni dafa main
Tujhpe hai aata mujh ko yakeen

Annie,s grip tightened on her phone as her heartbeats stopped for a moment.

Sabse main juda ho ke abhi
Teri ruh se jud jaun main.

Their breathes started to run slowly. The time stopped for them. They sat in a comfortable silence. The ticking of the clock was the only thing audible in the rooms. Their hearts were beating in unison. They could hear each other's breathes through the phone.

Mila jo tu yahan mujhe
Dilaun main yakeen tujhe
Rahun ho ke tera sada
Bas itna chahata hoon main.

They both wanted to say a lot to each other but couldn't find words.

Thodi jagah de de Mujhe
Tere paas kahin reh jaun main

Annie gathered some courage and took a deep breath. Her grip tightened on the phone as she finally found her voice, a mix of love and tenderness.

Happy birthday.

Fakhir,s heart skipped several beats hearing her honey sweet and loving voice as she wished him. His lips curved into a shaky smile finally letting out the breath he didn't knew he was holding.

Fakhir didn't say anything but she knew he was here just like always.

Come back Annie.

Fakhir,s heart pleaded her to come back.

Khamoshiyan teri sunun aur door kahin na jaun main

Fakhir cut the call before the plead could reach his mouth.

Fakhir took several steps back. His heart was beating loudly in his ears. A few tears escaped his eyes and he dropped himself on his knees feeling too overwhelmed with emotions. He let out a shaky smile before leaning back against the wall.

He took a shaky breath as he found his voice, though it was as faint and as shaking as it could be.

She remembered.

A mix of love, tenderness, longing and yearning flooded through his heart as a slow smile spread across his lips.

Ainne,s side.

Annie smiled shakily as she placed her phone back. She bit the inside of her cheek to suppress the sobs that were building inside her. She stepped back and sat on the floor leaning against the balcony door.

She gathered herself and stood up. She walked towards the balcony and sat on the chair gazing at the moon unblinkingly. Her heart filled with bitter sweet longing as she continued gazing at the moon and the countless stars that twinkled above in the sky remembering Fakhir.

I miss you Fakhir.

She whispered, her voice a mix of love and longing.

Tears of mixed emotions flowed down her cheeks when she wiped hurriedly. She took a deep breath finally composing herself. She walked back in the bedroom and fixed her apparence before walking out of the bedroom towards Aiman and Hamza.

Sorry sorry. Der ho gayi.

Annie apologized entering inside and closed the door.

She took her seat and noticed Aiman, Rumi and Hamza glaring at her.

What?

Ainne asked them confused.

You are late.

The trio said in unison.

Sorry.

Annie apologized smiling sheepishly.

Koi na. Chalo let's start the movie.

The trio said and Annie looked at them.

Tum logon ne start nahin ki?

Annie asked surprised.

Nahin re. Tere bina maza kahan aata hai.

Rumi said looping her arm around Annie,s shoulder.

You guys are the best.

Annie said smiling brightly.

We know.

Aiman said and everyone chuckled before starting the movie.

I'm coming Fakhir. Humesha ke liye.

Annie thought smiling to herself.

End Of Chapter!!!

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️

The Ties That Bind Us जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें