(18) Minji's problem

Start from the beginning

"You're pregnant," she muttered flatly.

"Oh?" Hanni was startled, automatically holding her stomach and covering it with a protective gesture.

Minji followed Hanni's gaze and her facial expression hardened. "You have to abort it."

Hanni was taken aback by Minji's words, almost sitting down from the bed. But the dizziness hit her again, causing her to lie down.

"What did you just say, Kim Minji?" Hanni looked at her in disbelief. She knew this woman was cruel, but asking her to abort their own child was beyond her expectations.

"I don't want that child. You have to abort it!"

"No!" Hanni exclaimed.

Instantly, her face turned pale and her hands immediately protected her stomach.

Hanni didn't know anything, she had no experience. But as soon as she realized there was a fetus growing and developing inside her body, Hanni knew there was a bond between them, that a mother would naturally protect her child.

"You have to kill me first if you intend to do that, Kim Minji! I don't know what madness is in your mind, but you should be ashamed. This child is your own flesh and blood and you intend to kill it even before it grows?"

Minji looked at Hanni with a pained expression, "I can't, Hanni. I can't accept that you're pregnant!"

She ran her hand through her hair and stood up, pacing across the room, pouring herself some brandy and taking a sip.

When she slammed the glass down and looked at Hanni, her eyes were blazing, "Hong Eunchae, she was pregnant once, you know? Then she had a miscarriage."

Hanni was stunned when Minji finally brought up that topic. The name Hong Eunchae seemed taboo to mention when Hanni entered this house as the new Mrs. Kim, and now Minji herself brought up the topic.

"But my condition and Hong Eunchae's are different, I'm perfectly fine," Hanni argued.

"What people don't know is that Hong Eunchae got pregnant again after the miscarriage," Minji's eyes glazed over, lost in the past, seemingly unaware of Hanni's presence in the room.

"I don't know how she managed to catch me off guard and get pregnant again. I tried my best to prevent her from getting pregnant again. I even made an appointment with a doctor for a vasectomy, but She managed to get pregnant again and stubbornly kept it a secret from me and everyone else, afraid that we would ask her to abort it," Minji's breath caught in her throat.

"When she died in her sleep, the doctor only found out and told me that Hong Eunchae was already three months pregnant. Her pregnancy worsened her condition and made her weaker. That child killed her!"

"But I'm not like her!" Hanni interjected, trying to bring Minji back to the present.

"I'm healthy and strong, and this baby won't burden me."

"I don't want you to get sick because of your pregnancy!" Minji snapped, but when she noticed Hanni's face paling from her raised voice, Minji softened her voice, pleading with her eyes.

"I'm begging you, Hanni, please abort the baby.

There will never be a baby in this house.

There will never be a baby in our marriage.

I don't want a child."

Hanni's chest rumbled with mixed emotions. How cruel and selfish of her! No matter how much Minji felt traumatized and deeply disgusted by Hanni's pregnancy, she should realize that the child in her womb is her flesh and blood. Her child!